Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually inserted transactions:

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.i have a Role -->Z........

2.This is a role that has a large number of tcodes inserted manually.

3.I now want to remove few of these tcodes but its not showing up on the menu..

4. Also how do we bring this to "Clean "role

My question is how do I accomplish this?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this instance you will have to delete them from the S_TCODE object.

Unfortunately as they have not been added through the menu, you can't immediately tell which auth objects they use. This makes it difficult to remove the corresponding objects which supply the fundamental access to the functions accessed via the tcodes you are removing.

Message was edited by:

Alex Ayers

0 Kudos

Alex Thanks,

Also I gather that : To create the clean role would be to :

1. Inactivte the current role

2. recreate a New Role with PFCG.

0 Kudos

Hello GG,

Does the "old" role have a menu which the user is acustomed to using?

Do the users of this (single?) role have only this role?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Juluis,

1. Yes they do have a role, but the problem is the tcode is not visible there.

2. They have a plethora of roles !! All manully created.

We are running on 46C <b><removed_by_moderator></b> hence the roles etc were created in a non planned approach.

0 Kudos

1. If the end user already has a menu (or even a favourites set up by the consultants) then my thought was that you could switch the roles in such a way that it is least disruptive to them. (how many users do you have, which are impacted by this role?)

2. Pity about that.

Message was edited by:

Julius Bussche

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Welcome to role maintenance hell

The problem is that you started using the wrong approach - manual objects are a no no.

Use the opportunity to re-create the role, probably maintaining SU24 in the process. You'll be glad you did that when you have to do the next change.

Anything else will just postpone the problem.

Kind regards,

Frank.

0 Kudos

Excellent !! though it may take a more to recreate the role, at least for next time I dont have to live through the hell again !!

Thanks, I am moving this idea to realization !

0 Kudos

Techically and from the business point this looks good, the only road block thats encoutered is no one wants to account for the time thats spend on this effort...." Since the role is working fine..if we make change there is a cost to th eactivity Wanted to let the contributors know the out come.

Thansk

0 Kudos

George

the only thing ypou can say to management is that it will save money in the future as these changes will save money in future maintenance.

One other approach could be, spend the time at the moment you have to change the role, so nobody will notice. It will go slowly but in the end of the day it will be done!