cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sdbreg giving error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am performing homogeneous copy of the maxdb database using oss note 979401 point B. I have unmounted all the filesystems in source and copied over to the target system and trying to register with the same name TLX. I didn't unregister from source since source system is working and I am doing homogeneous copy.

When I am trying to register SDB with the already installed MAXDB

7.6 version, it is giving me error.

1. /sapdb/programs/bin/sdbreg -r -d TLX -indep_data /sapdb/Sdata -

sw_kernel -R /sapdb/db/7500 -start_xserver -start_db

Independent data path is not unique: "/sapdb/data" vs. "/sapdb/Sdata"

To remove this error, I have tried to uninstalled the software using

sdbuninst or "sdbreg -u -sw_all" the uninstall option, but it doesn't seem to do full cleanup so that I can specify these directories correctly. When I try run SDBINST again, it doesn't prompt me for independent data path and takes from internally. Is there a way to full uninstall the software using sdbuninst/sdbreg or someother way and install back or rectify the problem mentioned above.

Thanks and Regards,

Giridhara Tadikonda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to do more steps to do that - check

Note 604680 - Renaming a SAP DB or liveCache instance

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

This note is helpful but as such I used the procedure described in the note 457425. I am able to restore the database using this note, but we are unable to connect through dbmcli using SAPR3 userid. I checked the source system, we are able to connect to SAPR3 using dbmcli.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check on your target system with

xuser list

the user of the default connection. You need to set the password to the old user also:

xuser -U DEFAULT -u <sapr3-user>,<sapr3-pw> -d <SID> -n <host> set

After you've done that, check with "R3trans -d" if you can connect.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok here is the thing. Source system is a single box. While the target has SAP SCM 4.1 CI on BOX1, Database on BOX2, LiveCache on BOX3. We could merge BOX2 & BOX3 (i.e., install livecache on BOX2) after we resolve this problem.

So for BOX1 what is needed tobe configured for xuser to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I missed installing the APO LiveCache SAP RUntime on the Central Instance. After I installed it, I have done this xuser command and it started to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the installation of SAP Runtime on Central Instance, I had run the xuser command and it started to work. Everything is fine now.