cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up subcontracting process without source location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

according to the implementation of an subcontracting process unfortunately I'm still faced with some problems and I hope that I find someone who can help me.

My aim is to plan a material (No. 4711) in APO, which is ordered by a subcontractor. This material has got a BOM in which material (No. 4712) is. This material is produced by our plant and has to be sent to the subcontractor to become material No. 4711.

What I did:

IN ERP:

important material master data:

No. 4711:

procurement type F

special procurement 30

SchedMargin key 000

create BOM for 4711 (includes 4712)

No. 4712

MRP type PD

MRP group 0001

MRP controller 001

routing and BOM

Creating Info record for 4711 (type subcontracting)

Materials, PDS, Routings and BOMs cift to APO.

My problem now is that I can create in APO (product view) a purchase requisition of material 4711. But this purchase requisition do not have the position for material 4712, unfortunately.

So the requirement for material 4712 are not appear in APO.

Can somebody give me a short description how I set up the missing customizings?

This would be very nice. Thanks to all.

Greetings

Timo Robens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

4712 has MRP type PD. Are you sure that it is transmitted to APO? Only X0 is planned by APO.

Kind regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

Check here: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/f7/626f39ff1ee32ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Subcontracting</a>

Regards

Alper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alper,

thank you very much for your quick response. I also read this help documentation some days ago. But my problem is, that the material which is ordered by the subcontractor do not have a PDS, especially no routing. So for this material I'm just able to transfer the BOM without a routing. The BOM has got the self produced material (routing and bom transfered to APO).

But if I understand the help text right, it might be necessary to create a routing for the ordered material, isn't it?

But then I do not know what values I have to set up in the routing. In addition to is that the material type procurement do not allow a routing.

I think this process is not a normal subcontracting process.

For your help thank you very much.

Greetings

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

oh, sorry. Of course it has to be X0. I checked it again and it is fortunately X0.

But nevertheless I still have the problem that I can create a purchase requisition for 4712 but without a Pos. of 4711. And I also miss the sec. requirement of 4711.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you for your support.

Greetings

Timo