Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create OM infotype : very hard...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would like to create a <b>OM infotype</b> not PA.

i recovered some documents on this site, but when i follow the procedure, it don't work.

Can you explain to me the full procedure please ? step-by-step.

Thanks so much.

I'm on SAP ECC 6.0.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Steps to create a HR Infotype:

1) Go to Transaction PM01.

2) Enter the custom Infotype number which you want to create (Should be a 4 digit number, start with 9).

3) Select the 'Employee Infotype' radio button.

4) Select the 'PS Structure Infotype'.

5) Click on Create... A separate table maintenance window appears...

6) Create a PS structure with all the fields you want on the Infotype

7) Save and Activate the PS structure

😎 Go back to the initial screen of PM01.

9) Click on 'All' push button. It takes a few moments.

10) Click on 'Technical Characteristics'. Infotype list screen appears

11) Click on 'Change'(pencil) button

12) Select your Infotype and click on 'Detail' (magnifying glass) button

13) Give 'T591A' as subtype table

14) Give 'T591S' as subtype txt tab

15) Give your subtype field as subtype field

16) Save and come back to PM01 initial screen

17) Click on 'Infotype Characteristics' ... Infotype list screen appears

18) Click on 'Change' (pencil) button

19) Click on 'New Entries'

20) Enter your Infotype number and short text

21) Here we have to set different Infotype Characteristics as per the requirement. (Better open another session with some standard Infotype's infotype characteristics screen and use as the reference to fill yours)

22) Save your entries.

23) Now the Infotype is created and ready to use.

24) If you want to change the layout of the Infotype as per your requirement...

25) In the PM01 initial screen...Select 'Screen' radio button and give 2000 as the screen name, then click on edit.

26) In the next screen.. Select 'Layout Editor' and click 'Change'.

27) Screen default layout appears...here you can design/modify the screen..change the attributes of the fields..etc.

28) Save and activate. (Don't forget to 'Activate at every level)

Subtype Creation :

Transaction PM01 Goto Subtype Characteristics. Click on Append and then subtype. Enter the name and description of subtype on screen.

Then goto technical Characteristics and maintain the details of subtype there. I.e name of subtype i.e. component name defined in PSnnnn. Subtype table is T591A.

Subty.text tab is T591S and time const tab is T591A.

See:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4f/d5268a575e11d189270000e8322f96/content.htm

HR related site:

http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/hr/hrhome.htm

Go thru following thread

Step by step guide on creating OM Infotype:

http://www.sappro.com/downloads/jan07/OMinfotypes.pdf

Have a look at the below links

http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/hr/hr_infotypes2.htm

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/PAXX/PYINT_INFOTYP_PD.pdf

Reward points if found helpful…..

Cheers,

Chandra Sekhar.

0 Kudos

Chandra thanks for help but i don't need a copy/paste...

Transaction PM01 is used for <b>PA infotype</b>. This is not my request.

Do you have the same description for OM infotype ?

Message was edited by:

CECG

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="http://www.sappro.com/downloads/jan07/OMinfotypes.pdf">This</a> is what you want.

An additional download from the SAP Professional Journal, for the article Jan/Feb 2007, SAP HR programming demystified: Understanding, creating, and enhancing SAP HR infotypes.

The download describes how to develop OM infotypes, which involves using a different transaction than the one described in the article for developing PA infotypes.

A subscription to SAPPRO isn't needed for this article.

matt

0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

i get this document and follow the procedure but it don't work, i have some errors.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, what you need to do is start explaining what you've done, what you expected to get, and what you got.

"It doesn't work" isn't really something I can help with.

matt

0 Kudos

Absolutely Matt

Well, i started to create a structure named HRI9100 and add some specifics fields in this structure.

After that, go to the transaction PPCI, i enter my infotype number and infotype name, i select Field infotype and click on Create button. Normaly the infotype copier generates all of the Repository objects that are required for the

infotype. But i have an some error in protocole although i created some things manually :

- Database index XXXX not created

- SOBJ entries : OBJECT PDST: no table entries exist and OBJECT PDWS: no table entries exist

- Dialog module : Dialog module RH_INFOTYP_9100 does not exist

- TADIR entries : R3TR DIAL RH_INFOTYP_9100 does not exist

Message was edited by:

CECG

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like you've done everything correctly. I'm afraid I'm now at a loss as to what to suggest. Have you looked in OSS?

matt

0 Kudos

Ok,

all is green now. I used RHSOBJCH report for correct the SOBJ table.

But when i want to create a infotype 9100 i have the following error : The dialog module for infotype 9100 is unknown (TDCT).

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

CECG

0 Kudos

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I have just created an OM infotype following the istructions of PYINT_INFOTYP_PD.pdf ( Developing an Infotype - Planning - SAP AG ).

The think is that the structure type HRI9XXX that you need as a prerequisite ( use the SE11 transaction to create it ) need to be classified in the CANNOT BE ENHANCED category . So when you have finished to define the fields of the structure HRI9XXX give it the CANNOT BE ENHANCED category. I've done it on ECC 6.0 SAP HCM system and then using the PPCI transaction the OM custom infotype 9010 has been created fine.

Regards, luigi

Edited by: luigi la motta on Mar 8, 2010 6:00 PM

0 Kudos

Welcome to SCN Luigi.

My only hope here is CECG should be waiting for all this time (2 years) to create that Infotype.....

0 Kudos

Yes, I hope he has solved his issue before my post.

Have a nice day