cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed during Step 35 of Setup SAP ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I try to install ECC6.0 on a W2K3 Server RC2, under SQL Server 2005.

But the set up doesn't work on step 35, called "Start Java Engine" and the error doesn't help us.

Someone can help, please !???!! It's a great challenge to install SAP ECC6, but we are disappointed by the difficulty...

Thank a lot !!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to read logs

Go to your installation directory, sort the files by date and check the latest logfiles (sapinst.log, sapinst_dev.log etc.)

Also check the bootstrap information in <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\work (dev_bootstrap, dev_jcontrol etc.)

Also check, that you followed the installation guide for your operating system changes (http://service.sap.com/instguides).

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you for your answer...

I found this kind of informations : " ERROR 2007-12-17 15:28:45 - FSL-06002. Error 3 (The system cannot find the path specified.) in execution of a 'CreateProcess' function, line (304), with parameter (E:\usr\sap\RB1\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386\startsap.exe ...). "

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So the system doesn't find the program to start - is the program at the given path?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's very strange... First, i have this 3 messages :

ERROR 2007-12-17 17:51:39

FCO-00011 The step startJava with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_StartJava|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|startJava was executed with status ERROR .

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

FSL-06002 Error 3 (The system cannot find the path specified.) in execution of a 'CreateProcess' function, line (304), with parameter (E:\usr\sap\RB1\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386\startsap.exe ...).

The Setup DVD is on my hard drive C:, and the anothers DVD on my hard drive E:. But the set up work correctly until the step 35, and stop to it with a message which describe a path that do not exists (E:\usr\etc...).

Thanks for the time, you spend for me !

nb: i'm gonna be crazy with SAP !

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At one point in your installation you gave "E:" as installation point. The "renumbering" of the harddisks in Windows can be mixed up by using e. g. USB sticks or other removable drives. If you rebooted during the installation for whatever reason, this could have happend.

Did you have maybe a former SAP installation on this machine that was not removed completely (registry etc.)?

Markus