cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retain spaces in target field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN experts

I'm trying to communicate with a lagacy system that need some of my fields as blanks. I'm having problems doing this:

When I do a mapping to my target field with for example 4 spaces and test this mapping i get 4 spaces in my target field. But when i display the message using SXMB_MONI or RWB -> message monitoring the spaces are gone and a empty field is displad (like <FillerTil150 />). I need the spaces preserved (like <FillerTil150> </FillerTil150>.

How do I do this - it looks like the spaces are removed after the mapping in XI's processing of the message.

Hope someone has a solution or a hint.

Kind regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Do not worry. The spaces are retained although it may not be displayed in SXMB_MONI. Check the file at the target.

In SXMB_MONI right click and select view source and check if the spaces are retained.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thank you for your quick and good reply's

You are right - the spaces are there when i use "view source". Thank you.

My problem was that I was sendig to the JMS adapter converting to flat file structure. I forgot to set the length parameter for the emtpy (last field) and thereby my reveiver system did not get the spaces it needed. I thought this was due to the field did not contain spaces - but it did, as you explained to me.

Thank you.

Kind regards Martin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as said my Jai above,space is retained in payload but not visible in sxmb_moni,there is an SAP note released for this,have a look at it

i m not really sure of the note number guess its FAQ:File or something like that

Thanx

Aamir

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u map the target field with a constant(predefined funtion in xi )

constant-->target field.

double click the constant and give the required number of spaces.. and check??