cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to upload PDF files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to upload PDF file into PDF table through Client , the followign message is arising.

StatusLog:

Importing [English [US]] 'MDMDoc.pdf'...failed.

Import complete.

ErrorLog:

C:\My Documents\MDMDoc.pdf: MDM Server Error

the PDF file is not uploaded. I've tried with some other PDF files also...the same error is arising.Where as I'm able to upload Images..

The MDM server is latest version.

Could you please tell me what could be the problem.

With thanks & Best rgds.,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i am looking for resources to guide me.....

"how to upload and retrieve pdf files into from MDM ???"

for points reply on my thread...

regards,

-amol gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

To upload the PDF you have to do it in the Data Manger>Record Mode>select main table --> go in the <b>PDF pane </b>of the <b>record details tab-</b>-> double click, it will open a new window <b>SELECT SINGLE PDF</b> click on the ADD tab then in the ADD PDF'S window click the EDIT button open new data group, say...... PDF and select it after that click ADD Button and set the path from where you want to upload the PDF and DO OPEN......it will be done.

if it throws failure to import error than goto console select the required repository and right click it goto <b>Properties settings</b> in that goto <b>pdf</b> and select the <b>Allow invalid PDF as YES</b> it will be done.

Check if it works i am sure it will..... All the Best

Bye Take Care

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

If you want to upload PDF's you have to have Adobe Professional installed. However, there is a workaround for this. If you set the option 'Allow Invalid PDF's' of the repository properties to YES, you probably will be able to import PDF's.

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Just for the sake of completness, this solution by Wilbrink does work

Thanks!

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

Could pls let me know where we can perform this setting[<u>'Allow Invalid PDF's'</u> ],I have searched under Configuration-->Option, its not available.

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

On the MDM Console, right click on the Repository -> Properties -> PDF -> Allow invalid PDFs -> Yes

Regards!

Alejandro