Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchangeProfile problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

friends...

I am trying to install NW04(ABAP+J2EE) and XI

on page 33 of XI post installation, created a user XISUPER in ABAP system and rebooted J2EE Server.

1) I didnt find the XISUPER in the J2EE instance-- what did I do wrong here or is there anything additional steps need to be done apart from what document says.

2) as a result I was not able to do an import of ExchangeProfile. I search google and SDN and found that I could use J2EE_ADMIN, but when I tried that I got the error "You are not authorized to view the requested resource.". I am stuck here and need help.

my j2ee_admin has Administrator role and for group I have

Authenticated Users , Everyone, SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

I dont see any XI roles or groups in the list..

how can I add that to this user.

or why is it not reading from ABAP profiles(which has XISUPER user).

someone might have answered this before but I could'nt find it. ( I searched for more than 4 hrs)

I appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope u have assigned XIsuper with

<i>SAP_BC_AI_LANDSCAPE_DB_RFC

SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR

SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER SAP_XI_MONITOR</i>

( the roles mentioned above are composite roles. So when u specify those roles, these inturn will generate

some more like...

For SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR, u will find 3 entiries in roles tab..

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR ( composite role)

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_ABAP (single role, indirect)

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE (single role, indirect)

Apart from this try adding <b>SAP_ALL -- All SAP System authorizations</b> in the profiles tab..

hope this helps...

Cheers,

siva Maranani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva Maranani,

I did exaclty as what you said and it didnt work

any more ideas that I can try.. appreciate your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to login to visual administrator using J2EE_ADMIN ? If not follow OSS Note 669848.

If you are able to login using J2EE_ADMIN, go to http://<host>:5<sysnum>00/useradmin then look for XISUPER, and assign Administrator role to the XISUPER and J2EE_ADMIN users.

Then you should be able to import exchangeProfile. If you encounter an error, please post the error.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 things are important for J2EE users in regards to XI

1) During installation of J2EE you must have selected the Xi UME option, otherwise users are stored separately in Abap and J2EE.

2) The UME client must be the correct one as described on page 16 in the XI Install guide.

Please check first if everthing is done according to these 2 steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

during install of java system for abap, I did select XI for UME options..

anyway's, I am thinking of reinstalling the java system again and at the point where it asks for production client, should I give 000 (original) or the new client copy I made before (100). I did a client copy after abap install and called it 100..

any replies greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>If you give 000 you have to re-install the WAS.</b>

You should go with the client which you want to use as an Integration server (in your case client 100).

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats it... problem solved.. thanks every body for the help. gave 100 as the client and booom.. it worked

Answers (0)