cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget availability control on PS WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Hierarchy of WBS element in the PS structure. Some where in a note I read that 'Background activation' on Project Hierarchy is not possible due to some tech. reason. I tested it and found the statement correct & therefore i had to activate the control in cjbv.

What is your observations?

Will there be significant impact on the system performance if I select 'Automatic activation'?

Regards,

Mohan Parab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may n't required to run the transaction CJBV to activate budget availability control. Budget availability will get activated on assignment of budget if automatic activation on budget assignment (1) of budget has selected in Budget profile.

For activating budget availability control, CJBV can be used where budget AVAC is n't activated.

In line with your query, there won't be any implication if Automatic activation is selected as this is standard SAP feature.

Hope this will solve your query.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bettassoci
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

As a matter of practice, I advise my clients to use CJBV as part of a daily or at least weekly background job, in addition to the 'automatic activation'. Now this is for clients who have an active budget control program in place, and desire to see the warning or error messages generated by availability control.

The reason? Costs and purchase orders can be posted to released projects, if they have not been budgeted. There is no system status to stop this.

To plug the 'hole' in the process, you can implement a user status that does not allow REL unless also BUDG (budgeted). This ensures the AVAC status and availbility control is activated.

Or, you can simply run the CJBV on a regular schedule.

Regards,

Kent

"If you're not Learning, you're not Living!"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sirs,

Besides posting SDN, I continued testing in Development also.

Actually I was wrong. I was expecting system to activate BAC(Bud Av. Contol) on its own (without taking cjbv run) once the assignment value crosses Usage limit maintained in Profile. I realised that the option 'Background activation' is made so that person can take run (CJBV) for multiple projects periodically & system activates BAC on projects where the usage limit crossed. I believe what i uderstood is correct.

But there is one issue i observed. As i mentioned in my querry, we have hierarchy of WBS element in project structure. when cjbv run is taken system checks & activates BAC on entire project hierarchy if it found single WBS element crossing usage limit.

Anyways..

I'm closing thread here...Thanks for your help & sharing knowledge.

With warm Regards,

Mohan Parab