cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error occured: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP:TEXT/HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie experts, i got a very confusing error that i still unable to solve. I've tried to read some of the threads in here but i already try most of them but still does not work..

Anyone know how to explain actually what happen with this error and how i can handle this??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably, you received from webservice HTML statement like " Error 40X .. " which could not be interpreted by XI. Likely it is because SOAP adapter on AE could not reach webservice because of missing credentials/ wrong password etc.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Made,

XI expects a HTTP 200 response from the Web service with a empty SOAP Payload when it uses the SOAP adapter to call a webservice asynchronously . Also you would need to change its functionality to send this HTTP 200 response with an empty payload back to XI.

Refer the SOAP adapter FAQ on service market place for more info on this .

Also one thing, the Asynch message will hit the webservice and the SOAP adapter may error out with a timeout error. If that is not an issue, then the scenario will continue to work.

Please also refer the following blogs:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Also check the proxy of your network.

find the details in IE -> tools -> internet options -> connections

regards,

Shibani

*Reward with points if helpful*