cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding RFC connection in File to IDOC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I was configuring file to Idoc Scenario, i have made all the required configurations in SLD, IR and ID, in XI system and in R/3 System. i have created RFC connection from XI to R/3 system, and its working fine. i have created an Partner profile in WE20 with sender file system name with inbound parameters. <i>But still i am getting error as EDI Partner Profile not defined in WE05- iDOC ADDED WITH ERRORS. </i><b>Do we need to create an RFC connection from R/3 system to XI for file to Idoc Scenario</b>

<b>!!! Note: RFC connection from R/3 system to XI is not working, will this be a problem for file to idoc scenario. !!!</b>

Regards,

Varun Reddy.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Sarvesh,

Very True....no need for RFC destination at R3...

Varun Reddy,

1. Hope you have created the logical system names of Third Party System in SLD.

2.Kindly check that you have an entry of Logical systems in R3 - use TA SALE.

Can you confirm where you are getting this error ( SXMB_MONI or RWB ) on running the scenario ?...are you able to receive the Idoc at R3 side..?

Regards,

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

is that your partner profile is activated.....and you have to created a RFC destination in R3 and XI..

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cross check your control record is matching perfectly with the partner profile you have created.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

Follow these steps

First - Maintain the Sender R/3 System:

SM59 : Create a RFC destination to XI

WE21 : Create a TRFC Port ->Specify the RFC Destination Created

BD54 : Create a Logical System for the Idoc Receiver

WE20 : Create Partner Profile ->Maintain Outbound and the Inbound Parameters

Second - Log on to XI System:

SM59 : RFC Destination for Sender System

IDX1 : Create the port to get Idoc Metadata from Sender System ( The Port Name must match the port name in the idoc header - Usually in format SAP<System ID>. eg. SAPID1 [Optional Step. Not mandatory]

IDX2 : Maintain the Idoc Metadata. This is needed only by XI, and not by other SAP systems. IDX2 is needed because XI needs to construct IDoc-XML from the IDoc. No other SAP system needs to do that.

Regards,

Santosh

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow this scenario: <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6bd6f69a-0701-0010-a88b-adbb6ee89b34">A Beginner’s Guide to SAP XI Settings, Part II</a>

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you have created the Partner Profile, have you added something in the EDI Standard tab? Because if you have to post an idoc to Xi then no need to add for your outbound idoc in we20

Aalso the partner profile setting could be 'start subsytem'. just check this

can you check this link for more information

/people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/07/19/troubleshooting-of-ale-process

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>But still i am getting error as EDI Partner Profile not defined in WE05- iDOC ADDED WITH ERRORS</b>.

Your IDOC has to be configured as an Output type of ALE not EDI.....

For this you please Check with your Functional Guys...

Regards

Giri

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes You need to create an RFC connection from R/3 system to XI for file to Idoc Scenario

From R/3

1) SM59--> Create RFC destination

2)WE21--> Create RFC Port

3)WE20--> Create Partner Profile

4) BD54--> Create Logical System

From XI

1)SM59--> Create RFC destination

2)IDX1--> Create RFC port

3)IDX2-->Load meta Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since it is File to IDoc scenario, therefore file will be send from XI to R/3 so in XI you need to create the RFC destination for R/3 so that XI can comunicate with R/3, there is no need that R/3 also communicate with XI and hence there is no need to create the RFC destination in R/3 side.

Hope I am clear to you.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VArun,

<b><Do we need to create an RFC connection from R/3 system to XI for file to Idoc Scenario></b>

No need.

You have to maintain the Partner Profile in Sender & Receiver both the systems.

Regards,

Sarvesh