cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help in File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having an requirement in our project that the File coming out of an external system has to be routed to the corresponding receiving system with the first field present in the csv file of the sending system.

The csv file will be of structure,

File1:

Header,Vendor1

field1,field2

trg1,trg2,trg3...

File2:

Header,Vendor2

Field1

trg1,trg2..

FileN:

Header,VendorN

field1,field2,field3

trg1,teg2..

The First line of the structure is constant.From second line the fields are dynamic..it can be of any format.

When the File has Vendor1, i have to route it to vendor1 ftp server..

when it is Vendor2, i have to route it to vendor2..etc..if it Vendor N,i need to route it to VendorN of ftp server.

I need a solution to make this requirement to work.

kindly help me in this regard.

Waiting for valuable reply from all XI gurus.

Regards,

Sujatha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this scenario we are not using any mapping and the data is in text format and not xml , hence the condition cannot be checked.

Can u help me how to proceed further..if we use mapping ???

Regards,

Sujatha

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you using the txt file then you will use the FCC to convert it to XML right. then the define the context object for the vendor field and use this field in the condittion tab of the interface determination.

how many FTP you have? Is this the business requiremnt to send to different FTP in a single interface?

when you want to select which FTP, interface determination condition will help you and this condition has nothing to do with TXT or any other format, as all these gets converted to XML while entering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, so..

I guess you are using file adapter in a role of an FTP server. No mapping required, right??

I think you will have to use mappings if you want to proceed that way.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have N different FTP's then you need to have N different recievers and reciever agreements.and in reciever det you can specify the condition . then it will post the file to perticular vendor depnding on the vendor Num. otherwise If you want to post each vendor in a seperate file on to same FTP , then you can use single reciever .

Regards

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to have the fixed number of Vendors expected and the corresponding FTP servers for that.....now read the file.....in the interface determnination suppose you have

considering you have 5 vendors and respective FTP servers

create the following

1. Interface determination and 5 Receviver agrements, each reiver agrement will be attahed with 5 differnt Communication channels linked to respsctive FTP servers

int he interface determination step write the condition check Vendor = 1 and so on....

this will check the input value coming from the inout file and if the file1 had vendor with value 1 it will pass the data to the FTP1 and so on....