cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Passwort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

When I try to deploy server asks me for a SDM Passwort.

Currently I'm working with Version: 7.0.09.

Do you know the SDM default passwort. I dind't change it by myself

reagards

sas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer thanks a lot for your kindly efforts but 'm sorry to say its still

not working. Still problems with password. Its kind of mad.

bye

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting the same error as before?

Sameer

P.S - Could you also check which user your NWDS uses to deploy your applications? You can find that by clicking Window --> Preferences and then select SAP Enterprise Portal. There you should be able to see the username under the tab "Login". Could you tell me what user this is? Per Default this should be "admin".

Message was edited by:

Sameer Jagirdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there is nothing.

bye

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then set the values as follows -

Alias - your server. Go to the MMC console and there under J2EE processes you see something like server0. Enter the same name for Alias.

Host - is the name of your computer

Port - the HTTP Port

Login - Administrator.

Set this entry as the default and restart NWDS. Try again

Bye!

Sameer

Answers (14)

Answers (14)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer you are the best. I works!

I have restarted the server and used again the privously method:

1) sdm jstartup "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=standalone"

2) sdm changepassword "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "newpassword=test1234"

3) sdm jstartup "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=integrated"

Are you developer? Can you help me also in other cases.?

Regards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem,

I am mainly a Java guy and as far as SAP is concerned I work a lot with JCo. I have worked a little on NetWeaver too, most of it experimenting around to see how this works and that works and basically tearing it apart - that's how I found the trick with the SDM password

Bye!

Sameer

dhruv_shah3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sas,

Try out the admin as password

Regards,

DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer this the message that I have received.

14.12.2007 12:41:57 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : LAPTOP571

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/Temp/temp2443xxx.dehssibasiswd.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/Temp/temp2443xxx.dehssibasiswd.ear

Aborted: development component 'hss/i/basis/wd'/'xxx.de'/'JDI_HSSZSIMS_D'/'20071213162828'/'0':

Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as provided in the Filesystem Secure Store. Enter valid login information in the Filesystem Secure Store using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. For more information, see SAP note 701654.

com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.DeployManagerAuthExceptionWrapper: Wrong security credentials detected while trying to obtain connection to the J2EE Engine.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMAUTHEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem,

hehehehe after working with SAP, you HAVE to learn how to cheat the system sometimes ;). You start the RemoteGUI.bat from the \SDM\program folder. You should be able to login here using the password sdm.

As for your new Error - do the following.

I am assuming that you have already logged into the portal once as an Administrator. This means that you know the administrator password.

Now start the config tool (configtool.bat) in the folder usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\configtool.

After the config tool starts (click yes to the use default settings question), click on secure data. Now select the "admin/password/J2E" field. Give in the administrator password as the value and click add and then save. Even though it might ask you to restart the server, you don't need to. Just go to the MMC console and restart the SDM service.

You should now be able to deploy your application. When you are asked for the password in NWDS, DO NOT give in SDM, rather give the Administrator password.

Bye,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sammer your advice sounds really auspicious.

What exactly is remote gui. Maybe the window where appears

and asks for password when I try to deploy at SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio ?

regards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

that proves all made steps.

============================================================

setting to standalone

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm jstartup "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\pr

ogram" "mode=standalone"

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>set sdm_java_home=C:/Program Files/Java/142_11

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>set sdm_64bit_switch=

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>set sdm_heap_size=256

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>set sdm_memory_switch=-Xmx256M

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>set sdm_com="C:/Program Files/Java/142_11\bin\ja

va" -Xmx256M -jar "D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\bin\SDM.jar"

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>"C:/Program Files/Java/142_11\bin\java" -Xmx256

M -jar "D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\bin\SDM.jar" jstartup "sdmhome=D:\usr\s

ap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=standal

one"

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/pb/layout/taglib/ContainerTag addI

viewResources

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/keystore/impl/security/CodeBased

SecurityConnector getApplicationDomain

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/rmi_p4/P4StubSkeletonGenerator g

enerateStub

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/prt/util/StringUtils escapeToJS

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/prt/core/broker/PortalServiceItem

startServices

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/webservices/server/deploy/WSConf

igurationHandler downloadFile

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/prt/jndisupport/util/AbstractHiera

rchicalContext lookup

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/navigation/cache/CacheNavigationNo

de getAttributeValue

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/navigation/TopLevelNavigationiView

PrintNode

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/wcm/service/ice/wcm/ICEPropertiesCoder en

code

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/lcr/pers/delta/importing/ObjectLoader loadObject

s

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/webservices/jaxrpc/encoding/Inst

anceBuilder readElement

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/webservices/jaxrpc/encoding/Inst

anceBuilder readSequence

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/webservices/jaxrpc/encoding/Type

MappingImpl initializeRelations

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/webservices/jaxrpc/encoding/Gene

ratedComplexType _loadInto

Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/7.0009.20060817110748.0000

Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Checking if another SDM is running on port 50018

Operationmode for JStartupFramework set to "standalone".

Successfully executed. Return code: 0

change Password

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm changepassword "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\

SDM\program" "newpassword=abcd1234

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>set sdm_com="C:/Program Files/Java/142_11\bin\ja

M -jar "D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\bin\SDM.jar" changepassword "sdmhome=D:

\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "newpas

sword=abcd1234

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/pb/layout/taglib/ContainerTag addI

viewResources

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/keystore/impl/security/CodeBased

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/rmi_p4/P4StubSkeletonGenerator g

enerateStub

startServices

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/webservices/server/deploy/WSConf

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/prt/jndisupport/util/AbstractHiera

rchicalContext lookup

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/navigation/cache/CacheNavigationNo

de getAttributeValue

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/portal/navigation/TopLevelNavigationiView

PrintNode

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sapportals/wcm/service/ice/wcm/ICEPropertiesCoder en

code

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/lcr/pers/delta/importing/ObjectLoader loadObject

s

anceBuilder readElement

anceBuilder readSequence

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/webservices/jaxrpc/encoding/Type

CompilerOracle: exclude com/sap/engine/services/webservices/jaxrpc/encoding/Gene

Password changed.

setting to integrated

D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program>sdm jstartup "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\pr

ogram" "mode=integrated"

M -jar "D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\bin\SDM.jar" jstartup "sdmhome=D:\usr\s

ap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "sdmhome=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=integra

ted"

viewResources

enerateStub

startServices

rchicalContext lookup

de getAttributeValue

PrintNode

code

s

anceBuilder readElement

anceBuilder readSequence

Operationmode for JStartupFramework set to "integrated".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

I can't still deploy. Is there another way to try setting a new password.

Here you get a par of log:

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:36... Info: ============================================

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:36... Info: = Starting to execute command 'server' =

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:36... Info: ============================================

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:36... Info: Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:36... Info: tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/7.0009.20060817110748.0000

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:39... Info: SDM operation mode successfully set to: Integrated

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:40... Info: JStartupFramework is requesting to start the SDM Server.

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:40... Info: Start the SDM Server integrated in the JStartupFramework.

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:40... Info: Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:40... Info: Starting SDM Server listening on port 50018

Dec 14, 2007 11:26:40... Info: SDM started successfully.

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:03... Info: Opened client connection to LAPTOP571 (IP address LAPTOP571/169.254.25.129, remote port 2432)

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:03... Error: Wrong password supplied - Request for Logon rejected. Remaining logon attempts until SDM server will be shut down: 2

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:03... Info: Close client connection to LAPTOP571/169.254.25.129, remote port 2432

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:14... Info: Opened client connection to LAPTOP571 (IP address LAPTOP571/169.254.25.129, remote port 2433)

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:14... Error: Wrong password supplied - Request for Logon rejected. Remaining logon attempts until SDM server will be shut down: 1

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:14... Info: Close client connection to LAPTOP571/169.254.25.129, remote port 2433

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Info: Opened client connection to LAPTOP571 (IP address LAPTOP571/169.254.25.129, remote port 2434)

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Error: Wrong password supplied - Request for Logon rejected. The SDM account is locked - SDM server will be shut down

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Info: disabling SDM Process with JStartupFramework

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Info: disabled SDM Process with JStartupFramework

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Info: Close client connection to LAPTOP571/169.254.25.129, remote port 2434

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Info: ====================================

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Info: JControl is shutting SDM Server down

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Info: ====================================

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Info: Server finished sending back the answer of the ShutdownRequest.

Dec 14, 2007 11:31:40... Info: Shutting dispatcher down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi erdem,

Try the following as it is..

Go to the SDM\program directory.

>

> Execute :

> sdm jstartup "mode=standalone"

"sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

>

> Wait for a confirmation that your setting was saved.

>

> Execute:

> sdm changepassword

"sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program" "newpassword=abc123"

>

> Again wait for a positive confirmation.

>

> Execute :

> sdm jstartup "mode=integrated"

"sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

>

> Just to make sure it's set back to integrated.

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAS,

I think so the password supplied in the config tool and the SDM differs.

Open your config tool in the path <Drive>:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat

There select Secure Store. In the right hand side you will be having a property called admin/password/EPC. Change the password to the new one that you provided in the SDM.

Do a server restart.

Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Erdem,

Since your password is shot (you logged in three times with a wrong password), I would recommend a workaround.

In the folder SDM\program\config you will find a file called sdmrepository.sdc. Take a backup of this file before you do the following.

Open this file in a text editor, and search for the tag "HashedPassword". There you find an encrypted version of your current password. Delete this, and copy and paste this one - yPLDEBe3oOb6H2mmjJ0zztOgw/A=

Save the file.

This is the hash for sdm. Now try logging into the SDM through the remote gui again with the password as sdm. This time you should be able to log in successfully.

Bye,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit.

I have made all mentioned but no success. When I try to login

and then I try the given password I get still the error message "Deployment aborted" after 3 or 4 inputs.

What is wrong:

I did do allt these steps:

Steps:

1. Stop the server from the SAP Management console.

2. Navigate to the SDM\program directory in MS-DOS window . For example on my machine it was C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program

3. start the standalone SDM

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=standalone"

4. change the password

sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "newpassword=abcd1234

5. set mode again to integrated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAS,

After changing the SDM password, did you check by manually connecting to the SDM rather deploying your WD application. First try that and and sort out the problem. If u successfully login to SDM then Problem solved.

If ur deployment is getting aborted then paste the deployment log. If you still think the password is wrong then when you deploy the application it will say wrong password...as a warning.

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi erdem,

Have u got the confirmation as success for all the steps.On changing the password u have to get the confirmation as "password changed".

can u give the error log..

Regards,

karthik

Message was edited by:

karthi keyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

you mean like:

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=integrated"

regards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAS,

yes its same, what exactly is the confusion??

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit have pls the command to change required the mode ?

regards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAS,

sdm jstartup "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "mode=integrated". Just restart the SDM after changing the password

regards

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All!

Is it necessary to set "mode" back to "not standalone" after changing the password after entering the following line?

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAS,

yes , its required to change the mode after changing the password.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

ask the SDM password from ur adminstator of the enginee.. if not go ask ur basis team for the SDM password. they sure will know it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have found the following:

Steps to change the SDM password

1. Stop the server from the SAP Management console.

2. Navigate to the SDM\program directory in MS-DOS window . For example on my machine it was C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program

3. start the standalone SDM

4. change the password

sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program" "newpassword=abcd1234

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

The server was not installed by me.

I have tried many passwords but no success. How can I set a new initial

password or generate a new one for SDM?

It is also not my system login password. What else can it be?

abcd1234 is wrong too

reagards

sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't try by yourself. Ask your administrator to give the correct password.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This forum link will help you out,

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erdem,

It will be same password what u have given while installing the server. generally its same what u use for login to visual admin.

regards

Sumit