cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash flow statement -Indirect method

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already created seperate report copying from the standard and changed FSV maintained to my existing company code.

I unable to get the output , when i execute through the tcode-FSI0, unable to get the output . Request you to address the following questions.

1) Is it required to prepare seperate FSV for the cash flow, in that case --is it required to prepare FSV exactly like the cash flow layout

2) If the above is to not applicable.How to link the GL's in the form.

3) How to get the output for following?

<u>Example: for two years comparision and its change in value</u>

Change in Receivables

Change in Inventories

Change in other assets

Change in payables for goods & services

Change in Other Payables

4) In GL master data level ," relevant to cash flow " has it got any significance in creating the above report.

5) Is it required to unable the "Cash Mangement" in FDFD t Code.

6) Possible help me by sending the process of Cash flow statement configuration.

Regards

Sathyanarayana.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

HI

When you get the screen with no records were selected, then select the Form Icon in the same screen.

Then in that screen select Edit - General Data selection - Then you will see that INT financial statement version is assigned. Change it to your FSV and then try to run the report to view the results. Before running the report assign the GL accounts pertaining to your chart of accounts.

Then run the report and you can get the results

Cheers

V.Krishnan

(Assign Points if Useful)

Former Member

Hello Mr. V. Krishnan,

As per your suggestion, We went to General Data Selection where as you mentioned, FSV assigned is INT. However, the same is 'greyed out'. ie. The same cannot be changed. Can you pl. also suggest how to get the same in change mode to enalbe us to assign our FSV in place of INT.

Thanks & regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.V.Krishnan,

I have seen your earlier reply to other person also, it was very usefull.

How to get the data for the following???

Change in Receivables

Change in Inventories

Change in other assets

Change in payables for goods

Change in Other Payables

Change in Intangible Assets

Change in Tangible Assets

Change in Financial Assets

Change in subscribed capital

Change in subscribed capital unpa

Changes in loans

Change in long-term payables

Regards

Sathyanarayana.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to FS15 T Code .

Sathyanarayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.V.Krishnan,

Waiting for your reply, kindly help me.

Sathyanarayana.P

Lingarajup
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

" As per your suggestion, We went to General Data Selection where as you mentioned, FSV assigned is INT. However, the same is 'greyed out'. ie. The same cannot be changed. Can you pl. also suggest how to get the same in change mode to enalbe us to assign our FSV in place of INT."

For the above question have you got the solution or not, Pls. let me know if you got the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can get the output in the reort by assigning your Chart of account and GL accounts pertaining to your COA. You have to click on the change Icon otherwise it will show as greyed out.

1) Preparation of FSV is a good option but how will you address "Change in receivables" like that items in FSV?

2) GL's can be linked to the report as told earlier.

3) Still in the process of exploring.

4) "Relevance to Cash flow" tick has no relavance with the cash flow report.

5) Activation of Cash management has no relevance with cash flow report.

6) There is no special configuration required for Cash flow.

The only problem here is getting the output for items like change in inventory etc. If this could also be brought in this report, it would be a wonderful report.

GL accounts can be mapped with this report. The problem you may be facing is due to the reason that you might not have clicked the change icon, that is why it is showing as greyed out.

Cheers

V.Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear V Krishnan,

For change in Receviables:-

1) GO fsi5 , in that goto EDIT -Insert element choose character and pick up the Recon account for vendor or customer.

2) The report painter formula takes care for the change in previous year and current year.

3) I am still working on this , i will send you in detail documentation,once i am through.Even if you complete also , request you to send the document.

Regards

Sathyanarayana.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishnan and others,

Go to FSi5 do the following

1) Change FSV edit -genral data selection

2) link the GL directly from FSV Ex: Like Depreciation etc

3) Yearly comaprision like a) change in recevialbes, inventory etc go to

-

edit -row-hiddenrows-show and pick the relevant item and link the GL .Once the GL's are assigned hide the row back as per the orginal report painter formate.

4) In the last row link the cash and bank closing balance , to get last year closing balance as opening balance in the current year.

Caution: do not change formuls in report painter or else learn the report painter very well before doing the same.

Execute the report in FSi0= you will get the cash flow report.

Regards

Sathyanarayana.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathyanarayana,

I am able to add item like inventory & also able to get change in inventory on the report.

Thanks for your comment.

Regards,
Mukesh