cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP to SNP Release and Storage Bucket Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We create monthly forecast but our DP storage bucket profile is in Weekly buckets. On the other hand, SNP planning is done with weekly buckets. I like to make the DP storage bucket profile monthly to increase live-cache performance. But changing the Storage bucket profile to Monthly bucket, I was wondering if it would be possible to release demand in weekly buckets to SNP. Would this change in some way or form affect the Demand release to SNP.

Before coming to forum, I tried looking up some OSS note on Service.sap.com but didnot find any oss note for storage bucket profile.

In short, can someone respond to my question which is do we have to define DP Storage profile in same granularity as we plan in SNP.

Appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

If you are trying to release forecast in background jobs using a release profile, then weekly buckets becomes an issue if DP storage bucket profile does not contain weekly periods defined. The release profile allows you to define a Daily Bucket profile which releases in daily buckets but does not have option of weekly buckets. If no daily buckets is defined then, it releases as per storage bucket periods. Hence you may have to define weekly buckets in DP storage bucket if it is needed in SNP. However, I belive in SCM version 5.0, this issue has been resolved and the release profile contains option for weekly bucket as well. I'm not sure about this though.

Plsease note there is no problem if you are doing manual release to SNP, since it allows you to specify a planning bucket for releasing and hence you can control it accordingly.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Srinidhi