cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can PDM be integreted with PS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on a sap project in a manufacturing factory.

The product design work is done in PDM , the arts and crafts design work is done in CAPP, Now they want to manage R&D project with SAP PS and want to integret PS with PDM and CAPP,What is the better way to achieve achieve the integration? Thank you!

Jianghua

2007-12-14

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Rakesh

Thank you very much,I've got much help from your words.

I have thought to use BOM transfer fuction to transfer design BOM from PDM &CAPP to activities of PS moudle.That is to say all the design work is done in PDM & CAPP. PS moudle is only work on time and cost management and project structure.When the design BOM is finined through PDM &CAPP, it is transfered to PS activities, then PS moudle works on the following work, such as purchase and production.But I wonder whether it is reasonable and hope to hear more advice, thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the requirments for BOM & PS interface only the same can be done in PS module. BOM can be transfered to Project directly (CN33) or manually. You can transfer material BOM to projects for procurement process. In projects cost control can be made for the procurement process. You can refer help.sap with IDES example to get more details on this.

In cProjects also this functionality is available & based on your business requirments process can be mapped.

Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Rakesh

Thank you very much. Before I posted my question, I have been thinking about PS moudle, Now I will learn more about cProjects.

Best Regards,

Jiang Hua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirments cProjects and SAP PS integration will able to map the business process. Basic projects structure can be created in cProjects, whereas in SAP-PS execution & logistic can be managed.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan