cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes in Pl book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when my user tries to write some Notes in Interactive Pl Book, the notes at the below section is in blue or greyed out. Means he cant input it. But whereas i am able to write notes on my machine. I saw his sytem, everything looks alright. He is in edit mode. What could be the reason ?

thx

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread. Thanks to all.

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

Some dyas back my client was facing the same problem and he has raised a case for that, I have tried with with the options of role check, authorization related all possibilities with BASIS,but I could get the actual problem when I had a netmetting with client .

Please check for the following circumstances when notes can not be created in planing book ..

1.The initial selection contains multiple restrictions for a characteristic and you do not execute a drill-down,but if you load individual characteristics with one value each you can add it.

2. The initial selection contains multiple restrictions for a characteristic. You drill down to another characteristic. Exception: With the restrictions of the first characteristic, you are already implicitly at the aggregated level for this characteristic (for example, initial selection product EQ A, product EQ B). After a drilldown to a location, a note cannot be created unless only products A and B are there.

3.The initial selection contains multiple restrictions for more than one characteristic. In this case, it is not possible to create any notes, even after a drill-down to the single values of all limited characteristics. This is only possible if only one characteristic is restricted several times in the initial selection.

My client was having the scenario 2&3 because of which he could not add the note .

I am sure your case would be similar ..

Regards ,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, User is able to enter the data in cells. but not notes. I am able to do it in the same selections under detailed level.

I am trying to check with auth.objects now. May be if i get some luck, i would inform you.

thx

venkat

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It clearly looks to be authorization related based on the symptoms of the issue. If the user was able to do it sometime back and not now, you may want to check with your SECURITY team on the roles that got transported. It might make sense to sit with the SECURITY folks and access the PFCG transaction to very quickly isolate the authorization object difference between planner and your ID.(It may be Auth object C_APO_FUN, field APO FUNC and value C_DOCREP...not very sure though)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat -- The problem may have to do with the aggregation level at which the user is attempting to enter a note. You said that you could do it on your computer but he could not do it on his computer. Try it with both of you using the exact same selection at the exact same aggregation (or drill down) level (but not at the same time). If you can still do it but he cannot, then my idea is wrong. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello srinivas,

The user was able to do it sometime back. Just recently, he got this issue. Though our roles are different, he is able to write notes in other books.

Does a Role authorises the Notes functionality in pl book ? I thought Notes can be written by anyone if they got access to that pl book, irrespective of roles.

thx

venkat

Message was edited by:

venkat babu

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if planner can save new numbers into the cell at all ? Does the system retain those numbers but not the notes ? Just to confirm that the notes are actually not getting saved, can you confirm that using transaction /sapapo/sdp_notes ?

Data view layout related authorization objects are complex in nature and not sure if there are authorization objects on notes. You would need to check the kind of transports in SE10 in development system that migrated in the immediate past related with the notes to analyze whats going on.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to transaction SUIM and compare the two user IDs role by role. If they are exactly the same, I suspect it must be the GUI version or some macro coded on the specific user stopping the edit mode note entry.