cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make Sales group and office field mandatory in VA01 first screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

can anybody tell me how to make Sales group and sales office mandatory field on VA01 tcode first screen. i have requirement to make it compulsary on the first screen otherwise they wont be able to goto next screen.

will reward points for sure

thanks

mandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in standard you can config those two fileds in

Incompleton Control (spro-sd-basic function)

or

spam z-abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

well i dont want to check at save time ,

in fact my requirement is to make it mandatory in the initial screen of va01 where we choose order type, in case he didt enterd sales group and sales area it should display an error message and didt let the user get into next screen.

hope i cleared my point.

mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

change standard screen or write ZVA01

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved through field exits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use incompletion procedure it will help u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Mandy,

Try using t.code SHD0, choose your transaction variant here, further choose your screen variant.

Next select your screen variant and in the Menu bar select Variant> change with processing>Make repairs in foreign namespaces only if they are urgent> Continue(Enter)>again 'enter'>Object can only be created in SAP package>continue(enter)> Exit and save >This variant contains other screens, adopt these as well?>enter>enter> scroll down to the entry required by you make the necessary changes(Output only, invisible or required) and save.

The system will prompt to assign a package and request enter the necessary values.

Provide your feedback.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pathik,

Well i tried the same with SHD0 and VOV8 but in vain, its again going to next screen without tetsing mandatory entries.

like on va01 if enter only sale order type, then press enter. its going to next screen but i want user to enter sales group and sales area or they should not go to next screen. but if i come back and again try then its doing the same but i want it in first try also.

and through Incomplete procedures i can only show warning to complete sale order that too at the saving time.

appreciate your help.

thanks

Mandy