cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML contains main table and qualifiers table is it VALID & will it WORK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM Gods,

My XML contains main table + qualifiers table which was created by XI. Is it a valid condition. Will it work when I try to bring this XML into XSD schema and then try to import the data. IF so how could I sequence the Import MAP.

I would be highly grateful if you could please help me ASAP.

Thank You for your time and efforts in this regard.

Milind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

You can import your file through XML format as well as XML schema format.

The only care you need to take is that of the order of importing.

You need to import the qualifier tables fields first and then import the main table fields

You can do this by using your single xml file as well among all the available fields first map the qualifier fields and then the main table fields.

Hope it helped

Regards

Simona

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.

Seasons Greetings!

So for I have received some great suggestions and inputs from you all. Thanks a lot for your time and efforts. I am going to look into my imports and try to make it work accordingly. I will let you know my progress.

Please feel free to keep in touch at milind_phadke@yahoo.com.

Thanks once again guys for your timely assistance.

Milind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

No need of creating 13 ports. It will require only 1 port. You have to create your respective maps for Non qualifiers and the for main table. For automatic Importing you can use batch processing where you can assign as many as maps as you want.

You can use this link for more details:

[www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e3db20d2-0a01-0010-2683-bf35612cbe36]

I hope I am able to solve your problem

Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

I dont think u will need 13 Ports........ first u finish with import of all Non-qualifiers for 6 tables.

Then while importing main table records, do mapping for Qualifier fields & main table fields & save this map say with name Main_Table_Import.

Now u have to use this map for automatic import ( U dont need maps for Non-Qualifiers bcoz values values r already there in Data manager (repository). )

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need of create 13 ports. The same port you

can use for all the maps and imports. ( if the source file is in one port, you can use that one).

import sequence:

1. first import non- qualifiers to the respectie tables ( sub tables)

2. In the source hierarchy select the non-qualifier and in the destination heirarchy select the respective destination table, do field mapping and value mapping , and do the record matching step, and then do the import action.

3. your source file is only one ( it is having all segments containging main table and qualified table records), fir you map qualified table fields and maintable fields ( qulified table fields, look up tables, main table fields).

hope this may help you,

Regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Seasons Greetings!!!

Thank you for taking time to provide me this valuable input. Forgive me but I did not mention to you that I am trying to automate this process. Hence trying to assign 13 MAPS to a a port. Probably you are thinking about using just ONE PORT for XML file. Have you come across a situation where you had to deal with MULTIPLE maps automation (not manual import) and you have used a SINGLE port instead of multiple ports? Could you please provide me an EXAMPLE. Also Sir, could you think of any importing techniques where you could sequence or link FIRST map to SECOND map all the way to 13 maps in this case on the import server.

Your time is greatly appreciated.

Milind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

You can import your Main table and Qualified table at the same time if they are in the same sheet of XML file what you have to do is select your Main table in destination map all the fields and in destination preview right click on the no qualifiers and made qualified update it will give a window ask for to create them .then select them there and made option as create them .after that map the yes qualifiers .

But if they are in different sheet then import qualified table first import them and then select your main table in destination and import your main table data sheet.

Regards

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answers. I really appreciate the time and efforts. However I guess I need re-phrase my question.. Please take a look at it and let me know your thoughts.

My source is xml file with multiple nodes(segments). One segment for each QL table and one for main table.

I have six QL tables in my repository. Based on your input, my guess is i am going to have 6 maps for QL table's Non-Qualifier fields and then 6 Maps for QL tables qualifier fields and then one map for main table?. So i have 13 maps to just load one record?. If that is the way to do it, then do I need to create 13 ports for each map and how do i sequence the loading?. Or Please suggest me if there is any alternative ways to do the same.

Thanks a lot.

Milind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can import the data in XML format and XML Schema format.

sequence of the import:

There is a main table (Products for example) and this table has one or more lookup fields referring to qualified tables.

first you import the look up tables and then to the main table you import the qualified table and main table fields.

follow this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/abe914fa-0301-0010-7bb1-d25c2a4b...

hope this may help you,

regards,

srinivas