cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global, Local, Harmonised attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anybody explain me about the Global, Local, Harmonised attributes and how we should use them with Template project and Implementation project.

Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You set these attributes against the nodes in your Template Project's Business Process Structure. The purpose of maintaining these attributes is to have control, or lend flexibility, to your rollout (implementation projects).

When you set an attribute of global it means that items cannot be changed and that they must be included as part of the implementation project. For example, if you maintain your Procure to Pay scenario (and all processes, steps beneath it) as global, the implementation project cannot change the scope, documents, configuration entries, transactions, or whatever else you attach.

Localizing items in the BPS allows flexibility for the implementation projects to change everything assigned at a local level.

You can also provide different flavors of these attributes. For example, you might set all of your scenarios and processes to global however the process steps performed in organizations around the globe will obviously not match a global "headquarters". For that reason you could set the process steps to Local.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nathan for your response.

I am completely accept your explanation and also I do feel the same.

The issue is -- I copied one template from my template project which is having scenarios, business processes, process steps with "Global" attribute to my implementation project.

But, I am able to delete the above all in my implementation project.

Am I missing any setting to behave as you explained. So I am able to understand the role the global an local attributes.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry..

I am correcting my last sentence as

" Am I missing any setting to behave as you explained?.

And also, I am not able to understand the role of global and local attributes."

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your user's authorizations. Does it have SAP_ALL? That is probably the reason that you are able to delete these items. Let me know if it isn't.

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You are right.

Could you please tell me which authorisation role should I have?

And also in my template project I created some business processes with local attribute(Is it right way to proceed?).

At presnt it allows me to delete all type of processes of both global and local attributes in my implementation project.

So with my change of authorisation role I should be able to change/delete the local attribute processes/processes steps but not the global attribute processes in my implementation project. Am I right?

Please clarify me. If you have any material regarding this please forward me.

Thanks

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Could you please tell me which authorisation role should I have?</i>

<b>Make sure that your implementation project users don't have full authorization for object S_IWB. Other than that my guess to have your implementation users follow the standard Application Consultant role for Solution Manager.</b>

<i>And also in my template project I created some business processes with local attribute(Is it right way to proceed?).</i>

<b>The method in which how you choose to assign attributes depends on your organization.</b>

<i>So with my change of authorisation role I should be able to change/delete the local attribute processes/processes steps but not the global attribute processes in my implementation project. Am I right?</i>

<b>Yes</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nathan, my basis guy created a role without giving full authorisation for the object S_IWB. But just it is stoping me to make any changes to processes of both attributes.

Thanks for your effort and time.

Regards,

Murali

Edited by: Muralidhar. P on Dec 17, 2007 6:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muralidhar-

Try assigning the SAP standard Application Consultant role to the user in the implementation projects SAP_SOL_AC_COMP.

Let me know if you have come up with a different solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Nathan, tried this also.

Regards,

Murali

Edited by: Muralidhar. P on Dec 18, 2007 4:06 PM

Edited by: Muralidhar. P on Dec 21, 2007 2:05 PM

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

the authorization object is S_PROJ_GEN. Field FUNKTION must not have value GLOB for these users. Then you the protection should work. For structure elements this means that if the parent node has attribute global you can't change/delete the child nodes. For other assignments this means, if a structure node is global you can't change the assignemnts. There was a detailed docu on this which vanished in 4.0. Until it's back please refer to Solman 3.20 docu.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/91/580099d2abae41a6cf99533c501dd5/frameset.htm

Meanwhile there is also a BADI BADI_SA_DEFINE_GLOBAL_ATTR that you can use to control the behavior of global attributes. It is also possible to add new ones or hide some.

Regards

Andreas

Answers (0)