cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird table column names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, I just ran into a strange issue while using VC. I created a new model and imported a BI query, whose results are to be presented on a table and on a graph. The problem is that when I click on the table and select "configure" to select which rows are to be displayed on the table, the column names do not say anything about the values they hold. For example, instead of getting a "customer" column name, I get "K0406002006" (I checked and this is not a technical name), and usually I get three variations: "K0406002006", "K0406002006_ext_key" and "K0406002006_unit" (or _value). Also, instead of getting a different column name for each key figure, I get a column called "key figures", which does not display anything if I select it.

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this link, it might help you,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/vc/bistrangenames&

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, and thanks for the reply. Just a couple of questions:

1) Can I use blank spaces and slashes/backslashes without running into a cryptic name?

2) Whenever I use a Time dimension, on the "configure" option instead of one column which displays all values in the dimension, I see one column for each value in the dimension. Why is this and how can I work this around?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I don't think we can. Better use underscore.

2. This usually happens. I'm not sure why it happens. Just select what you want from the two and ignore the other one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ari, thanks for the feedback. For my second question, I need to create a line chart in which the category axis will be a series of dates (more precisely, months January through December of each year), the data series will be a couple of organizations, and the value axis will be the monthly income of each organization. The problem is that since I cannot select the time dimension which contains all months as each month appears as a separate column in the query, and the category axis only allows me to assign it one table column, I cannot create this chart. Also, for some odd reason the data series only allow me numeric values, but I want the organization name to appear on the series. How can I deal with these problems?

Answers (0)