cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Serialization(SERDAT) in PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a IDoc-> XI -> IDoc Scenario for Customer Master(DEBMAS) with Address Data (ADRMAS).

We want to use the serialization to post the idocs ADRMAS and DEBMAS in respective order. I have used SERDAT message type for serialization.

<b>Errors:</b>

1) As part of SERDAT idoc process in PI, i found this error in SXMB_MONI <i>"Transaction IDX1: Port SAPR3D, client , RFC destination contain errors".</i>

2) In IDX2 i am not able to create the idoc metadata for idoctype SERDAT01.

but i am able to create the idoc metadata for ADRMAS and DEBMAS.

The below config i have done:

Sender : <b>ECC 6.0</b> , Receiver: <b>4.6c</b>, Middleware: <b>PI 7.0</b>

<b>Sender:</b>

Scheduled the jobs for reports RBDSER01, 02, 03 with 5 mins timeperiod. Used standard SAP serialization group GRP_DEBMAS_ADR while creating the varients.

Partner Profiles: Added both message type with trigger method "background".

Created Distribution channel. And my port SAPPID is pointing to PI system, The RFC also working fine.

<b>Receiver:</b>

Created Partner profile added inbound message type with respective process codes. Scheduled the job for report RBDSER04 with 5 min timeperiod.

Without serilization i am able to post the idocs through PI.

In ID, i have tested my confg for SERDAT01.SERDAT. It is fine. Everytime when RBDSER02 job get release it is creating one SERDAT idoc with serialization information. But in PI this idoc message is failed with error <i>"Transaction IDX1: Port SAPR3D, client , RFC destination contain errors".</i>

How can we achieve the serialization in this scenario, Is there any other procedure ?

Please let me know, if i am missing any config or any wrong config.

Regards,

<i>Naveen Chamala</i>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen/Ranjeet ,

If possible can you please share the steps for Message Type Serialization . Do we need to send SERDAT IDoc from PI .???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Naveen,

here is the thread

/thread/217893 [original link is broken]

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Earlier i have mapped all the fields from control record of SERDAT and now i have removed. Mapped only the mandatory fields.

I do'nt know wether it is the solution or not, but it is working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Could you forward details of the step to my mail id. In fact I had created forum question regarding serialization? you can answer that to get point if you want .

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to find your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Is your issue resolved. Can you forward some document as how to serialize idoc. I want to implement it in one of my interface having Customer Master(DEBMAS) with Address Data (ADRMAS). data.

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Ranjeet, My issue is not yet resolved. I will tell you the procedure once i finish this.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I think there are two possible problems:

1. Please log in to XI system,

check in transaction IDX1,

which RFC destination is used for the system SAPR3D.

than test this RFC destination in transaction SM59.

2. Please check (via transaction WE30) that the IDOC in the ECC 6.0

have the same fields as the IDOC in 4.6C.

If they have different fields, than you must change the field "version" of channel of the 4.6c system (in the Integration builder configuration).