cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business conector

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change one thing in business conector, and i am new in this subject, is there any possibility of saving tthe actual situation of the flows for the case that need to restore it?.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

In BC, if you go to administrator windo then go to Pacages and then management. from here you can release you ur package from inbound and you can take a backup to outbound of you IS server outbound folder.

The main thing is that whenevr you give a patch to a Package its go saved to packae recovery area in your IS server. Also you can get a package recovery option in Adminsitrator webPage in management and then you can recover it from that page if something got installed wrongly.

Lets say, in package A you have changed something in your flowService POChange.. and then you want to patch it to the production system. Just go to the Adminsitrator page of BC, go to packages -> management and the take a patch of that service of ns files.. and this will automatically go to outbound in your system. then do a ftp n then put it inside the target location-> IS server/replicate/ inbound directory. and then try to install that patch using the administrator page.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is the administrator window?, i am in 4.0, does you mean in business conector integrator the option file-> Export and file-> Reload package

Thanks in advance

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made a package plenty of flows in the business connector integrator of one machine, and i want to transport it to the business connector integrator of another machine, i have found the export option for a package that creates a zip file, so what else i need to do for importing it in the other machine please.

Thanks in advance

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Carlos,

Hi carlos, I think u can copy paste that zip file in the <sapbc path>/server/replicate/inbound folder and then i guess there one option under administrator login of server to install in bound packages(packages->istall inbound packages). But in this case u need to take care of sap server configuration and sap listner configuration manually on the server side.

I am not aware of any better solution if available, as i m also new to this concept. Hope it helps to some extent.

Regards

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SAP BC 4.7 . I had developed few services under a package. After few days I noticed that a record under a service vanished automatically. And this happens often. After analysing I came to conclusion that it might be happening due to memory overload problem. When i checked through Administrator login in the server statistics, it shows used memory: 98%.

I tried resetting cache and also restarting server. But there was not much difference.

Queries:

1. Whether this is really related to memory.

2. How to reduce used memory and increase free memory.

3. Anyother suggestion relating to same.

4. Do i need to any specific configuration on server side.

Please do reply. This is sort of urgent so usefull reply would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Siddhesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Could you open a new post for your question please? I think that your question is very interesting for sharing it to other people that have got the same problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I have already posted same issue under the topic 'Memory Management in SAP Business Connectors'. But there was no reply at all. So thought of posting here. Any help from your side will be highly appriciated.

Regards

Siddhesh.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats what. creat a new thread here and post your question. We will try to ans you.

Regards

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note: New thread posted "Business Connector Memory management".

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry,

The directory is SapBC47\Server\replicate\inbound

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi carlos!!

i have a question.....

can Business Connector and R/3 co exist in same landscape???

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

For restore the file go to:

Packages/Management/Recover Packages

The file with the extension ".zip" must be in repository server directory.[../repository/inbound].

Regards

Ivá

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

In the Administration web page of business connector you have the posibility to save the package. This package could be restored.

http://server:5555/ -> go to packages/management and click over the package that you would like to save.

Regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please answer me a short question?, i have exported a package, so now i have a zip file in my pc, how can i import again this zip file?.

Thanks in advance

Regards