cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select retreived value from BAPI in drop down by Index element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a drop down by index which displays list of project types. It saves properly to database when I select a value.

When I retreive data back using BAPI and populate the screen, the DDI field still displays the initial state. I understand that is the default behavior.

My question is how do I show the corresponding value retreived from BAPI in DDI element.

My DDI is bound to a value node element which is populated from BAPI results. I think I may be able to loop through all the results and set the lead selection for the value node. I am using DDI for the first time and I want to see if there is a better way to select the retreived value rather than looping through the entire data to select one value.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As for as I know there is no alternative, but you can achieve performance minimizing the iterations.

for(;;)
{
if(compare the key value)
{
set the lead selection;
break;
}
} 

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Thanks for you reply. It helps to know that this is the normal way.

In .Net and other languages there is a way to find the index of drop down using findByKey or findByValue methods. I wanted to see if there is such method in web dynpro before I use the foreach loop option.

Thanks