cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBS build fails with "cannot resolve symbol", model inconsistent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon!

I am new to Web Dynpro and especially there are lots of question marks in my head when I have to deal with DTR, CMS and CBS.

I just finished modifying a WD project and also altered an Adobe interactive PDF and all changes are visible on my local J2EE. After checking in the code into the DTR, I tried to activate the changes but now the build fails, my guess is that the model somehow is inconsistent or outdated, but I'm not sure about that - and I also don't know how to update the model on the CBS or the TEST, QA and PRODUCTION. I once heard that the J2EE instances need to be restarted on a model change but what needs to be done to update the model on the remote machines?

To offer a starting point, these are the first errornous lines in the build log:

[echo] Starting Java compiler
     [javac] Compiling 470 source files to /usr/sap/JDI/JC74/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/16/.B/505/t/F6D64EA72AB10DBF48154F123CB07A7A/classes
/usr/sap/JDI/JC74/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/16/.B/505/t/F6D64EA72AB10DBF48154F123CB07A7A/gwd/packages/sig/com/mcis/customer/wd/CustomerMain.java:37: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Zu_Mcis_Balancedata_Deq_Input 
import sig.com.mcis.model.Zu_Mcis_Balancedata_Deq_Input;
                          ^ 
/usr/sap/JDI/JC74/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/16/.B/505/t/F6D64EA72AB10DBF48154F123CB07A7A/gwd/packages/sig/com/mcis/customer/wd/CustomerMain.java:38: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Zu_Mcis_Balancedata_Enq_Input 
import sig.com.mcis.model.Zu_Mcis_Balancedata_Enq_Input;
                          ^

The model nodes "Zu_Mcis_Balancedata" exist in the local model but somehow they are missing on the CBS.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Sascha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

<b>If there are any changes in the RFC you need to transport it separately. </b> If you are feeling that there is a change in model in local as that of in CBS. It will go once you transport this activity. But before that please be sure that your local model is up-to-date. if you are not sure just do reimport of the model[right click on the model->select re-import model and restart the J2EE server].If there are any changes in the RFC you need to transport it separately. Try to Check-in, activate and transport.

regards,

Siva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning!

The answer to my question was pretty hard to find, but we managed it in the end:

one of our former employees didn't really know what he was doing when he checked in several local files manually and so we had a lot of locally generated files in the DTR (like the folders "gen_ddlc", ".classpath", ".project") and these caused severe problems.

Finally, we created a new project with a new track, checked out all files from the old project, deleted all locally generated files and checked the project in into the new DTR track. The assembly now finishes without any inconsistence and the project can be transported through all test, approval and production servers.

Thank you for your comments!

Regards, Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

thank you for the quick answer! I already reimported the models and both (we use two different SAP backends) were up to date, so I don't know why the CBS build fails.

I just had the CBS server restarted and will start a new build in some minutes; let's hope that solves the problem.

Thank you again and I will let you know if that helped.