cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using WAIT step in Sync/Async Bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a sync/async bridge and placed a 1 minute wait step in between my async send and async reply. When I test my process, the async reply comes in but then my 1 minute wait eventually times out and gives me an error. Can someone guide me in fixing this BPM design (which steps to add and how)?

http://webpages.charter.net/kpwendel/bpm_with_wait.jpg

I would like it to stop waiting once the async reply comes in and not timeout. If the 1 minute mark comes and a reply never came in, it would also be nice to send back an error message.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith , I dont think u need to have a Wait step in your bpm. I believe the workflow will stop and wait at the recieve step until a message is recieved and then continue once the async reply is recieved.

It could be that your reply is coming back within the 1 minute wait period , however there is no receiver , because the workflow is held in wait step and so is failing now.

Regds

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I pulled my WAIT task and had this scenario working a week ago. I have not made any changes, but now my inbound replies to close the BPM and link up to the request are not "linking". The request is eventually timing out even though the reply with a good correlation id comes in successfully. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I went through my objects in the IB:Config and resaved/activated them and now it is working. Don't know what messed them up in the first place.

Message was edited by: Keith Wendel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have a correlation every messages goes to the same bp.

But when the wait step is running your bp can't accept any messages.

so you have to do a correlation that for every message a new bp instanz will generated.

Or you delete your wait Step ... the step is not necessary for a Sync/Asnc Bridge.

Regards,

Robin