cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attractive and Eye catching output formats in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to create some really attractive n eye catching graphical representations which i can put up in the 'management cockpit'. The usual pie charts , bar graphs r really boring now .. Can any of u help me. The output can be in the form of speedometer or gauges..e.g if i have a sales report which shows me the sales (amount) and i have a 'profit ' field .Now if i have the output in the form of speedometer wherein the needle points to the sales and in nother meter the needle points to corresponding profit ...and if i move the needle of sales meter the needle in the profit meter should move and point to the corresponding profit value ...Hope u guys understood what m in search for.

Regards ,

Anshul Bhat

SAP BI,VC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you know there is a control type choice called Gauge when you create a new field in a form?

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i knw that Henning... but its not there when u create an output chart or table ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx Ari,

the dashboards r really good... ne idea how 2 create them in VC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add a form, add fields to the form using gauges and then pass data to this form.

Then you can combine these forms with charts and tables to form a kind of dashboard.

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

how 2 add a form???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you added your dropdown in a form?

Once you add an gauge to your form goto its properties and under "Expression" specify the data that you want to populate..

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i knw that .... but that is an input form... i want all this in an output !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you connect an form to the output of some datasource(BI query) then its an output form.. or just drag and drop the form element from the outputport of your query..

Try adding an UI component by clicking the Add button(+).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Ari

Well u hav been helpin me a lot .. thnx .

can u elaborate on ur reply a bit more..

Well say the example i hav written in my first post for this thread....the sales and profit ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Ari

Well say the example i hav written in my first post for this thread....the sales and profit ....can u help me wid that ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Ari

Well say the example i hav written in my first post for this thread....the sales and profit ....can u help me wid that ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

I don't think we can change the needle of the gauge manually. What you can do is if user selects a particular month from an table or dropdown you can display the sales and profit for that month in two gauges.

Is this match your requirement?(I'm not that good at sales terms)

If this is your requirement then i can brief you about what you can do..

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i would b thankful 2 u if u cn tell me how to do that....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

1.Drag and drop you BI query into your iview.

2.From the input port of your query drag and drop an start point.

3.From the output port of your query drag and drop an output table iview and select the fields which you want to display in the table.(ex. customer name or month).

4.From the out port of your table drag and drop an form view.(from the popup don't select any fields since we need to display output in a gauge).

5.goto form properties and add an gauge UI component.

6.Goto the properties of that gauge component and under "general" tab click formula button near the "expression" field.

7.In that popup expand "data fields", under it expand "output table" and from it select the required field whose value you need to display on the gauge.(ex:Sales_value or Profit_Value).

8.click Ok and save the model and run it.

if the user selects some field in the table the gauge will show the corresponding sales or profit value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ari

thanx a lot for ur step - by - step guide on how to do it ...it is working pretty fyn....(hv awarded pts for that)...now what i want is display 2 -3 gauges with labels say 'sales' , 'profit' and 'amount ' ...all these fields m displayin in my table ... now if the user clicks newhr on sales column the corrs. gauge should be affected and then if he clicks newhr on profit column then for that gauge the value should come..

can u help me with this.

Ari .. 1 more thing .m displaying the gauge for say 'ACTUAL AMOUNT' and it has both ve as well as -ve values and the range is pretty large e.g.2 cr and -2cr... how to deal with that ..

Message was edited by:

Anshul Bhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can select an particular coloumn in an table in VC..

Are you able to select ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no m not...bt u can select a row ...ryt!!

till now i was displayin just 1 gauge for the 'ACTUAL AMOUNT' field.... but now what i want is that when u select any paricular row ... say there r 3 columns in it as the 3 i have mentioned abv....and v have 3 gauges for the 3 col.s so all should display the corrs columns value ..... and also tell me abt the range factor which i have mentioned b4..

Thnks n Regards

Anshul Bhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

The procedure is same, add two more gauge UI components to your form and in the expression field specify the required value to be displayed.

Wat do you need to know abt ranges?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Ari

I was able to do that .... the prob with the range is that i have specified max range as say 27636225.19 and min as -95153.43 but when i run it the label for the ranges is not displayin the whole number ....in this case it is displayin only 2763622 and a bit of 5 and the rest is not coming.... what shud i do so that the whole value comes ...n 1 more thing is there any way so that i can display the label at the bottom of the gauge ..... also when i display the label in the long form it displays only 11 characters ...what if i have to write a label > 11 characters say e.g ACTUAL AMOUNT.......any help will be appreciated .

1 more thin how do i place a condition on the column chart so that when i am selecting a row in the table the chart shud display the values for the fields contained in that row only....

Regards

Anshul Bhat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link have some example dashboards,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/8196d631-0e01-0010-0590-d9ec6... [original link is broken]