cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unformatted XML from File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I write an XML file via the flie adapter, I have discovered that the XML is all written as one line with no separation of elements on new lines. This is causing problems.

Are there settings in the file adapter that will allow us to write the XML with one line per element tag?

BR,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The XML being produced is valid even though it is in one line.

However, if your application which processes that file cannot interpret it, maybe you should look at using xslt after your mapping to reformat the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? The XSL is the mapping (we are using ABAP XSLT mapping objects). How can I do a mapping afterwards, and how will it help?

BR,

Tony.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using XML File to xML File scenario. My receiver is SAP R/3 system. When I send file from another system, It is properly seen in payload but the file is not properly recived on SAP R/3. The XML File appears on single line and when seen on SAP side side the fileis cut after some length. Any help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell us what problem you are facing. As pointed out in other posts XML in online is not a issue at all.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually this is now fixed. In our XSLT files, we had to put this line:

<xsl:output indent="yes"/>

This creates indents as needed.

Thanks to all who replied.

BR,

Tony.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

can u provide the sample xml file.

what is the error message displayed when the XML is opened in the Internet explorer.

chirag, since he is writing the xml file there is no need of FCC.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Are u using the FCC in the file adapter.

If yest then have u used endSeparator='nl'

thnx

chirag