cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous BAPI call from webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a BAPI that is taking a long time to run (it's an RRBbilling process and when the project is big it can take about 5 minutes to run). So I wanted to execute the BAPI asynchronously, so that i can display a loading page while the BAPI executes. I tried executing the BAPI in another thread but this doesn't work (The model can't find its scope).

Does anyone have any ideas how to achieve this in webdynpro? So to recap, i want to have one BAPI executing in the background and have a loading screen with a timed trigger to check if it has finished, and when the BAPI execution is finished the the loading page will forward to the main screen from the timedTriggerAciton.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

May be this will help

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/10/09/loading-please-wait:///people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/10/09/loading-please-wait

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Unfortunately this isn't what i am looking for - i want to some way of executing the BAPI in the background while having WDPJ return to the user with a loading screen. thanks for your help though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Can you tell me how you are able to call BAPI in the background while having WDPJ return to the user . I have a requirement to call a BAPi and it takes almost 3 to 5 min so in mean time i want to show some text to the user and when the BAPI execution returns i will take him to another screen.

Regards,

Raji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to use THREAD ( and use its methods ) . it has certain options as to wait , sleep .

try it . may help you .