cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I created a Portal service and converted it to a web service. I was able to get the WSDL file out of it. I tried sending a SOAP request through WebServices checker in NWDS. I got the response propertly. I created a standalone proxy for the web service and tried calling the methods in it from a Abstract portal component. I am getting the following error:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset at ..............

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168) at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183) at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201) at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.readLine(HTTPSocket.java:806) at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.getInputStream(HTTPSocket.java:341) at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.getResponseCode(HTTPSocket.java:250) at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.HTTPTransport.getResponseCode(HTTPTransport.java:362) at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.outputMessage(MimeHttpBinding.java:551) at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1456) at testwebservice.testmethod......

PS: SSL is enabled for the server.We can access it either via http and https. Does this cause the problem?

Regards,

Yoga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Connection reset at java.net.SocketInputStream.read</b>

This is a very common error in any web container which is part of most of the J2EE based application. I would like to advice you to please learn the basic of JAVA socket programing, SSL encryption, how soap protocol work with HTTP. How most of the application server including NetWeaver working to enable HTTP protocol.

Also I highly recommend all SAP guys who ever getting into WEB SERVICE WORLD, it is a technology not a component, so please start learning the basics.

Again <b>connection reset by peer</b>, please do a google search for that with context of any prominent application server such as websphere, weblogic you will see more than one millions.

Please learn web service and java for sake of its good feature as a technology not a customization project where GUIS and SAP notes make the magic.

Also I really wonder whether SAP as a company understand whether their product consumer society really ready to learn and use all of their JAVA based application with its dignity and quality. I think there is a need of free and mandatory training for basics of the technology such as JAVA, WEB SERVICE etc used behind the netweaver platform.

Thanks