cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using name reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'd like to use the name reservation to develop DCs with NWDI 7.00. I already created the following reservations in the SLD:

Development Component Name: mycompany.com/myapp

Application Context Root: myapp

I'd like to use the application context root reservation in my Web project. I opened the application.xml file of the web projects associated EAR project, but I'm not able to set the context root. I get the following error message:

No connection can be established to the name server of this Development Component project. Therefor, you can only insert context-roots for test applications.

The nameserver is activated on the SLD and is registered in the domain data of the CMS. What am I missing?

In addition I'm not sure where I have to set the Design Time Package reservation in the NWDS. I remember that I read somewhere, that some reservations are also created automatically by the NWDS.

Maybe someone might help me with this.

Regards,

Markus

Changed "Design Time Package" to "Development Component Name"

Message was edited by:

Markus Hunke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Design Time Package name prefixes are normally in the form com.mycompany. They are used to restrict the Java package names that can be used.

You can find these in the Development Configuration perspective: Browse your DC: DC Metadata -> DC Definition -> Package Names.

Are you using a local Web project or a Web Module DC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant of course "Development Component Name" and not "Design Time Package". Sorry for that, but I will update my posting now.

I'm using a Web Module DC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you access the SLD using your web browser?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can check the .confdef file of the Development Configuration. You can find it in the following location: <userhome>\.dtc\<devconfnr>. It should contain an attribute called 'name-server-url'. Check if that's present and which value it has.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally found the problem. The landscape for the NWDI was not completly configured in SLD. After adding the complete structure (dtr system etc.) to the landscape/nwdi system in SLD everything worked fine.