cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Build option disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I had a local dc developed in my system. Then I shared this project and moved it into NWDI track. Once I moved there into NWDI under Inactive DC's my local DC build for that DC become disabled and is throwing some errors.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Some errors"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I am sorry for my vague explanation. Actually I have an local DC made of type External library and then I am trying to access the class in those jar files from a second DC. Now my problem is since the DC build option is disabled I am not able to build my External library DC. Because of this wherever I have reference to the classes(in jar files) in my second DC is giving out "No reference found". I feel the problem is since my DC build option is disabled. I would like to know why my DC build option is disabled after I check in the project in NWDI track. Am I missing out any configuration or is there any permission issues. Please help me.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be caused by the fact that the required DCs have not seen synced to your system. Try a Sync Used DCs and see if the DC build option becomes enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

The worst part is even my "Sync Used DC" is also disabled. All the options under the "Development component" are disabled. Any thoughts on it

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ponraj,

I think you missed something, when you are migrating your local to NWDI Dc. Can you tell me what you did when you are migrating. All you need to do is copy-paste work. If you try some other things like creating some DC on NWDI-Copy only source folder- these things wont work out. Because I did the same thing .

Let me know.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I just right click on the DC and went to DTR -> Share project. Then it prompted to add the resources which I need to add. I selected the entire project and then continued. I feel I am doing something wrong at the time of sharing itself. Please let me know where I am going wrong.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you checked in all the files in the DC project, you definitely have a problem.

When you take a local DC and 'share' it, you should only add files from the 'src' tree into an activity, as well as any other configuration files (for example, the WEB-INF subtree, which contains web.xml in a web DC).

Because you've checked everything in, the DC will not build - when the build service performs it's pre-build check, it will immediately stop since the 'gen' folders are in the DTR. You need to remove all of directories and files that should not be in the DTR - the easiest way to determine what to remove is to look at an existing DC in the DTR perspective, and see which folders are tagged with the 'local checkout' icon (a little blue house, if I remember correctly).

Do that, and you should be good to go.

BTW, take a backup of your entire DC before you start removing stuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooraj,

Follow below steps.

1)create a project with same name.

2)Copy Gen_ddic,gen_wdp,ModelFolder,Src,dcdef files.

3)Do a dc build. deplo and try.

Regards

Praveen