cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

from sorce system i'm getting different files with the same name..so my file adapter is picking all the files ... if the required fields are there then only it was loading into target side.. otherwise it was skipping to load the files...

but my requirement is in the adapter itself is there any chance to skip those files.. because i dont want to process those files...

otherwise where can we control this problem..

thanks

babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You wanted to skill the file with the file name i mean u wanted to skill the file if the file name starts with a* or b*. or you wanted to skip the file based on the content in the file.

Thnx

Chirag

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about ur question related to the file discards.

<i> Advanced Selection for Source File

If you want to set an exclusion mask for the File Name specified above, or if you want to specify multiple directories using a file name mask and exclusion mask, set the Advanced Selection for Source File indicator.

&#9675; Specify an Exclusion Mask for the file name specified above.

You want to process all files that have the extension '.txt', but want to exclude all files that begin with the letter 'a'. To do this, enter .txt for File Name, and a for Exclusion Mask</i>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few archieving methods :-

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is the case, use the condition Editor for that field during the configuration Steps(Interface determination).

Thanks

Farooq.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can skip those files by 2 way.

1)use only option "File name Mask"

2)use also option "Exclusion Mask"

please go through the blog

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter