cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple recive step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have multiple recive step in a <b>switch,block,loop</b> with all starting the process,??

I know its possible for a fork.since in a fork all the brances are independent of each other and..if there are 3 recieve steps for eg...in 3 brances. we cant say..which will first receive a message.So all the 3 receive step can start the process.

But i am not clear in case of SWITCH, BLOCK and LOOP.

Can anyone explain me please.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

It not possible to have the recevie step inside the Switch but u can have in side the loop or block.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi san,

thanx for ur reply...

i am asking...multiple recive step with start process??

u min its possible in case of loop and block????how???? can u explain it with an example???????

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Consider a requirement that multiple IDocs needs to be collected and sent as an single file. Then U need to have the receive step in side the loop and collect the IDocs one by one, in this case u need to have an multiline container variable to store the collected IDocs.

For more understanding of this

In your ID Under SAP BASIS SWCV, have a look of the IP

<b>BpmPatternCollectMessage</b> under the namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns.

Regards

San

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The implementation example of having a Receive step inside a block is that,

you define the receive step inside the block and have a exception branch defined for that block.

So if in case there are some exceptions caused in case of receiving the message, the steps specified in the exception branch would be executed. You can even have steps configured to send a mail in the exception branch.

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

santosh...whatever u said is correct...but..just check my question....i am asking something else... i know....it is possible to have recive step inside a block and a loop ....

but is it possible to have multiple rcv step(and all the rcv step should start the process).. r u getting me now???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have multiple receive stpeps in the Process.

Example: I have to receive three messages in series and once I received it I need to send it to 3 different sender.

<b>ReceiveOneReceiveTwoReceiveThree-SendOne-SendTwo--SendThree</b>

Now you can put this in block, loop or a etc...but what is the requirement to put n no. of Receive steps in loop??

Tell us your requirement??...Integration Process can be designed based on concrete requirement.

Thanks

Farooq.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam,

In a block/loop u can have the multiple receive steps arranged one after other.

The first message that arrives is assigned to the first receive step, the second message is assigned to the second receive step, and so on. Therefore, the first message is not assigned to all receive steps that are waiting for a message from the message interface.

Also have a look at the help document.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/fr/75/cc283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

actuallly i am not doing any scenario..

i am preparing for certification.....i am unable solve that..

Receive Step: (Select True or False for each given below)

1.Only 1 receive can be ticked as start process

2.Switch step allows multiple receive steps to start process.

3.Multiple receive steps possible only if used with loop or block.

4.In case of switch no receive step is marked as start process.

Please help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guyz....

i found the answer....

its possible only in case of fork....as all branches are indepepndent..

but in case of loop or block...they can't be independent...so....only one start possible...!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos