cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Planned order from JAVA JCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Java Experts,

I want to create a planned order in SAP using BAPI_PLANNEDORDER_CREATE from a Java program using JCO Connectors.

The Input to create the Planned order will be maintained in an Excel file maintained by the user.

I have to first check if a planned order exists for a Material/Plant/Production Version Combination using BAPI_PLANNEDORDER_GET_DET_LIST.

If It does not Exist then I have to create it using BAPI_PLANNEDORDER_CREATE, and Commit it to database using 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'.

If there needs to be any change, then i have to modify it using BAPI_PLANNEDORDER_CHANGE.

Thefor , I request you all for a sample JAVA program using JCO Connectors to create a planned order using BAPI_PLANNEDORDER_CREATE, and Commit it to database using 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'.

Thanks Experts in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all the anwers from the experts. I really Appreciate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mr.ranjan,

i hope you are familiar with the business scenario and therefore know how the use the BAPI's you mentioned in your request. otherwise inspect the BAPI in your abap workbench or by using se37 and test the scenario in ABAP.

next step is to write your java program, which is using jco to call the BAPI's.

to get involved in this technique, check the documentation for the jco, in which many examples illustrate, how to use jco for your approach. the documentation includes the javadocs, which will tell you the rest.

jco documentation download: service.sap.com/connectors

regards, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens for your Input.

I looked at the documentation but did not find any program related to Calling BAPI .

I would request you, if you have sample programs, that would make my day a lot easier.

However, Thanks for your response.

Cheers Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens..Very Nice of you to send me these links.

Some of the Links helped me, especially the sample program on calling BAPI. I am able to understand even though I am not a Java Programmer. However, I will try to use them to build the specification as per requirement as of now.

The Java Programs that I have to write is NOT from SAP development framework, [No Netweaver] but will be from an External, Third Party Toolset, and they use eclipse as a development platform. So the Java Program that I have to write will be executed from the third party toolset as an executable program.

Thank you very much for the Links and I have bookmarked them.

Best Regards; Ranjan