cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TECO then UNTECO a project (whats the impact)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could you give some ideas if i teco a project then i unteco a project :

if there is still : Open PR/Open PO/Open reservation/ Partial GR..

Is there any impact in Budget or remaining order plan?

Thank you.

Nies

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldn't really undrstand your posting. Can you explain the status/ error messages before TECO, after TECO and then after restting TECO.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PIR is for material components which are generally, in the project context, of types - raw material or semi-finished. PIR can be for WBS or for network. If PIR is for WBS, due to account assignment there will not be any problem. If the PIR is for materials of category "collective" (MRP 4), this will lead to PIRs for plant stock. The scenario I described belongs to PIR for plant stock. IIf you are using PIRs and if they are for plant stock, then only you need to bother. PIR can be easily identified since it generates a PIR number in the "general" tab of the material component.

In general, TECO will result in deletion flag for material components which in turn will lead to deletion flag for reservations, planned orders and purchase requisitiions(PR) as the case may be. When you reset the TECO along with material components,PR / planned order also will get activated. Howver, if a purchase order (PO)has already been released for PR, the PO and referenced PR will not get deleted.

Once you reset the TECO, the object will regain "REL' status . IN TECO status also FI postings can be made to the object

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muraleedharan,

I tried to teco the unteco. I encounter the error message Error in commitment check. I check my available budget is 0. For example :

Actual : 500

Commitment : 200

Assigned :700

Available budget : 0

After i unteco and trying to save the project ...i encounter "error in commitment check " message. It shows budget exceeded xxx . Why it could happened ? appreciate for your advice.

Many thanks in advance

NIes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once project status changed to TECO there can't be any logistics taks happen such as material procurement / no reservation will be created / No GR etc. However there can be fincial posting to project during TECO stage. If you will reverse TECO then project status will become REL where the regular activities can happen.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are planning 'planned independent requirements' (PIR) through project networks, and if these requirements are anonymously consumed by dependent requirements, you have very serious problems with TECO functionality. For instance, let us say, you have PIR for 100 Nos of a component of which 50 have been consumed by dependent requirements and remaining 50 Nos are active. If you TECO the network at this stage, the active PIR for 50 Nos will be deactivated. However, if you reset the TECO, PIR for 100 Nos will get re-activated leading to total distortion of material requirement planning.

I wanted to highlight this aspect as we realized it after protracted exchanges with SAP. By that time lot of damage had happened. SAP documentation on this aspect is either silent or very sketchy.

I have concluded, which SAP also endorsed subsequently, that resetting TECO is not an option if you are using planned independent requirements.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muraleedharan,

Could you advice me , how can i know that my planning belong to PIR or dependent requirement? Is it related to remaining order plan?

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

nies