cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get data dynamically into the input form fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys,

I have created an input form in VC and it has 2 fields which r 'drill-down' type.Now what i want is that the entries for the fields should come automatically on deployment in the portal.what i mean is that e.g. u have a field 'location' and it is drill down type. Now when u run the model , in the input form the 'location' field entries should be populated automatically i.e the entries should b fetched from the server directly.If u guys have any idea then plz help me.I m very liberal in awarding points.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If they are output forms

try connecting a start piont to the data source(BI query or BAPI).

If they are input forms,

1.goto the properties of the "dropdown" UI element by right clicking on it.

2.Select "entry list" tab.

3.If you want to populate the values manually select "Static" and enter the values manually

or

If you want to get the values from an BI query select the option "Dynamic" and select your query and the field that you need to populate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey thnx for ur response.

I have selected the query ,now tell me how do i select the field. M nt able to do it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

1.Create an form in your workarea.

2.Double click on the form element.

3.Add an dropdown component by clicking the Add button(+)

4..Go through the below link to populate values in it,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/bf/39becc90824d4d999eb05336345e5e/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/96/c33a3382914f6d8aeba11413e3e356/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Ari,

I tried it all but it is not working. See i have created an input form and it has a field 'Location'. Now i have made it a drop down box and i want that it should get populated dynamically.I have gone thru the links but m stuck at 1 point....i have selected the query in the data service field but what should i select in the input and output port of the data service dialog box.I m confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Ari ,

thanx ... the second link had the sol'n ... v have to create value help lists which can be accessed in the global lists option in the 'entry list ' tab...that's it.Will award u points..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

1.Once you get your query listed in the "Find data service" window, just click on your query and select "Input" & "Output" from the two dropdowns.

2.Now next to Outport there will be two coloums "Output Field" and "Assigned Value".Mention your field name from the dropdown as mentioned in the below example.(Only for output port)

<b>VALUE : @Location_Key

Text : @Location</b>

3.Just come back and save and try running your iview.

Answers (0)