cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUALITY WORKCENTERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

kindly give me a detailed overview on Quality workcenters and how does it function in sap along with Tcodes

Thanks

Nithi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quality workcenter can do by CR01.It is same as production workcenter.

Difference is in CR01, make change in std value key depends on your quality workcenter.

If you are using any machine for inspection include machine time, setup time or if you are using labour only assign only labour time like that you can configure depends for the application.

In the routing QP01 use this workcenter & control key ex.PPQM and assign Inspection character.(Usage 5,Status 4)

And use tcode QI01 for quality info record.

Make sure in material master Quality view activated with inspection type.

Respect of your inspection type Inspection lot will create when goods receipt.Check in MD04.

QA32 for result recording & usage decision.

QE51N Results record.

QA11 Usage Decision.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi darma

what u r explaining to me is IN PROCESS INSPECTION FLOW... and my question is then what is quality workcenters...... how does it function in SAP.

If qualtiy workcenter has a different tcode........then why its given and how can we use it and what the differnece between the production and quality workcentre.

kindly clarify

nithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithi,

Sorry for the late reply.

1.Quality workcenter has no different tcode.

2.Function in SAP:

From production workcenters you can calculate cost of machine, setup & labour time through activity type.And also able to do capacity & scheduling.

3.Likewise if you use any instrument or machine for inspection purpose we can consider as a workcenter.From that if you want to calculate instrument cost or if you are using labour means labour cost we can calculate through activity type.

4. Instrument availability(capacity) also we can calculate.

4.Whatever your application depends on that we can change standard value key in basic data workcenter.

I hope my explanation is understandable.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dharma,

I agree wiht you but i would like to share with you that for qaulity there is a separate TCode(CRQ1) for creating work center

NIthyaseelan,

What dharama has said is right,even there is separate TCODE(IR01) for creating work center for PM(Plant Minatenance)

but functionality remain the same,i believe it is just for streamlining purpose SAP has provided the option

Hope your are clear now

Reward points n close the thread

Regards,

SVP

Former Member
0 Kudos

If qualtiy workcenter has a different tcode........then why its given and how can we use it and what the differnece between the production and quality workcentre?

Ans

This is basically to have a control on the transactions based on category so that access can be restricted based on this for different departments

If you see for process industry Tcode is CRC1 & check for work center category(Press F4 in that field) you will get only process industry related categories

Like wise you can check the difference between production wrk centers & Quality work centers

Hope now i have clarified your doubt

Revert back if you want further clarification

Reward points if u find useful

Regards,

SVP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nithyaseelan,

Quality work centers functions normally as the production work center,Tcode remain the same -CR01,If it is only for inspection then it will have only the labour category & if it also involves some mahcine then machine category will also be used

These work centers are used in routing -if it is inprocess inspection or in Inspection plan(QP01) for final inspection after GR fom production or GR from vedor

For more details about the work center visit this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/b1/c03348439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Hope this is useful

Revert back if you have any further queries

Reward points if useful

Regards,

SVP

Former Member
0 Kudos

so u mean to say that there is nothing like quality work centers and work in process inspection is what is termed as quality work centers.

kindly confirm

thanks

Nithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NITHIYASEELAN ,

Qulaity Work Center

Only the Tcode varies for the qulaity work center,rest all th fucntionalities & fileds all remain the same

For quality work center Tcode is CRQ1

For Prod work center Tcode is CR01

Thats why i had given help link as reference

Work Inprocess inspection

I am not very clear about your doubt,what i have understood is you are asking about inprocess inspection during production

Here again you create a separate work center & you differentiate through appropriate control key(QM01,QM02 etc)

Revert back if you have further queries

REward points if useful

Regards,

SVP