cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fixing Key figure be part of Planning area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw the post by David and this question popped from there. The answer may be simple but I just want to confirm it.

If I am fixing a key figure A and storing the fixing information in another key figure B. I specify the Key Figure B in Key figure A definition (RSD1) as the fixing key figure.

I also know that both key figures A and B are APO key figures.

Now the question is: Do we need to include both A and B in the planning area and planning book even though I need only key figure A?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can wait for more people to respond, however here is my view.

Fixed TS Key Figures actually maintains the fixed component of the primary key figure. It can have its own disagg logic and in most business cases, it will be same as the primary key figure. It needs to be intialized for the same time zone as that of the primary keyfigure which is only possible if both the keyfigures co-exist in a planning area. Figuratively take the Fixed Key Figure as a twin of the primary Key Figure which holds only a certain portion of the primary determined as fixed. The fixing logic will not work correctly if its configuration is not similar to the one of primary.