cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Adapter fails saving an attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear XI/PI experts. I have a file to file scenario where I send a XML message with PDF attachment. I am using Additional Files configuration in the Sender adapter. I can monitor that the attachment goes succesfully through Xi runtime environment and to Adapter Engine. Even there I can monitor that the attachment is with the xml message when the saving is done but only main payload, xml message is saved to disk. No errors, pdf file just do not appear in the folder, Is there any extra configuration needed to be done e.g Module configurations in Receiver adapter?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anusha. I actually have XML Invoice and PDF file already existing and I should send them to target system using FTP. The problem is that I am forced to use BPM, because there's a process which should update the status of the transaction back to SAP. And as it is, I guess I can not process PDF file as it is through BPM process, only as attachment...

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jukka,

This is one case using modules where PDF Files are generated

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/27/xi-generate-pdf-file-out-of-file-adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, does this mean that in principle attachments can be processed in receiver side only e.g. using Mail Adapter or Soap adapter, so with adapters which overall support attachments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

well the reason i can think of is that the receiver system is not capable of handling XML message with attachments.

have a look at the help.sap document and see all the constraints and if all the conditions are met

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/b4a6490a08cd41a8c91759c3d2f401/frameset.htm

Thanx

Aamir