cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bankdetails mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to set up the customer repository that comes with MDM 5.5 sp5.

<br><br>

The steps I followed

<br>

<li>Extracted countries and other details using program ZMDME_EXTRACT_CUSTOMERS_553

<li>Extracted the bank deatils xml using program ZMDME_EXTRACT_BANKS_553. It has the

<li>Extracted debmdm using MDM_CLNT_EXTR (tried MDMC also)

<li>Imported all the lookup tables data, reference data.

<li>Imported bankdetails data

<br><br>

when trying to import debmdm, there is an issue in mapping related to bankdetails. The source value is showing up as <b>US, 1297314981, Citibank</b> but the destination corresponds to <b>United States, 1297314981, Citibank</b>.

Is there a conflict in SP versions?

Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xi_Ted,

You should also check out 1 more thing about the extract program that you should choose.

ZMDME_Extract_<Standardrepositoryname>-55<servicepackno>.

In my case I was working with MDM 5.5 SP04 and hopefully the file extracted by the program ZMDME_EXTRACT_CUSTOMERS_553 supported it.

Hence ZMDME_EXTRACT_CUSTOMERS_555 will be ideal for you. Hence check out for the 2 points that i mentioned.

Hope it will work now.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

the extractor ZMDME_* are neither usable nor supported with SP05. Starting with SP05 we offer transaction MDMGX for the same purpose. Plese refer to SAP Note 964991 for more details.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, sorry it took so long to get back.

I was trying to implement the note 964991. I had to face lot of issues, because I don't have basis support on the sandbox.

Based on that note I imported the transports for ECC5 ws640 sp12. But the snote is giving error "SAP Note does not contain valid correction instructions."

Do I need to update snote? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

never mind. i got the note installed. I didn't read the note properly. I don't need to implement the note via snote.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Countries are usually transferred within the messages with their corresponding <b>Codes</b>. Import Manager (and all the other MDM Client tools) show the <b>Names</b> instead of the codes in the UI to support a more meaningful display for the user. So there's no error at all in your scenario, it works as designed

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xi_ted,

Reading your question, I feel that this is not an MDM version problem.

Infact i had also worked in the same scenario where my values in the "Countries" lookup was not matching with the values in the Main Table.

This was because, in my ECC system the values in my check tables were not updated throughout. Hence it was a problem in the Source file that I extracted using ZMDME.

Hence you need to check your ECC check tables and the other tables.If the values that are present there, are same in all your tables then you can map them accordingly in MDM.( In this case, Source and Destination values).

Hope it helps

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain