cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - Partition for two or more groups on the same system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our business requirement for cProjects implementation is such that we have two groups (two companies infact) under an umbrella brand. We have already impemeneted cProjects for one of them. It's time now to have this implemented for the other group.

How can we ascertain that there's a partition in the system by which one group is completely independent of the other? One group should not see the projects/data of the other group and vice versa. Authorizations to projects helps but in a system, a user can fetch (in project search) the names of all projects in the system (irrespective of whether one has authorization). How can we take care of this?

Summary:

We are looking for the ssytem where one group of cProjects users works in the system as if it were the only group working. We intend to ensure the same for the second group as well.

Please suggest.

Regards...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

one option could be to have two clients for 2 user groups.

Im nt sure about second option.

What you said is correct, one can search projects irrespective of Authorizations.

I think this can be made effective by modifying search elements in Roles.

Niranjan

Award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'Different clients' does not solve the issue. There's only one on the live system.

Do suggest if some other way can help achive this.

Regards...

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

I think, it is possible to have two (or more) indepedent groups in a system, as the cProject is not designed to have such feature. You may need two different systems, as all the customizing settings are client-independent.

Speicial to result list, which includes the no authority objects, you may contact SAP, if a correction is possible.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Not too sure if you have meant 'it is possible' or 'it is not possible'.

There are three things to be taken care of:

1. Assign authorization to "Project Types" to users: By this users of one group will have access to only one set of "project types". This is possible and can be achived

2. Project Display: All projects are displayed for a user - even if one has no authorization to view. Can we have a way by which only those projects display for a user for which he has authorization to the project types. This will ensure that only projects of his group are displayed for him.

3. Resource Access: How to ensure that a cProjects user gets only those resources to be staffed which belong to his group.

Whereas the requirement 1 above can be achieved, we are not sure how 2 and 3 can be. Do suggest if you have something in sight.

Regards..

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

I mean, I am not sure, if it is possible or not. So that you may contact SAP to check, if it is possible or not. The requirement sounds reasonable from my point of view regarding the second point.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

I did write to SAP about the second point and they say that this is how the standard cProjects is - a user gets to see all projects across all project types.

Do you see how we can resolve the third issue? A user must see (and assign) only resources from one group and not from the other.

Suppose there are two groups: A and B. A user pertaining to Gr. A must not see the resources (Business Partners) of Gr. B when he staff roles. Is there a way out?

Thanks in advance.

Regards...

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

Would you please let me know the message number, I will check it, if we can do something regarding the second point.

For the third point, please try with the Badi DPR_RES_SEARCH, method ENHANCE_SEARCH_RESULT, if the required search functionality can be applied.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

0001059025/2007 is the message number.

Regarding point 3, I get a feeling that such requirement must have come at quite a few places. Two (or more) groups under an umbrella where Employees (and consequently BPs) of one group must not be accesible to the other groups.

We have the Org. structure from HR. Is there some tweaking in we can do here to get the desired?

As mentioned earlier, we want that users of group A must see the pool of resources of Gr. A only and not of Gr.B for staffing to cProjects roles.

Thanks and Regards,

Bittu.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

Just talked with our solution manager, this functionality is only available with cProject 4.5, via a new Badi to let the customer filter the search result, manipulate the result (for example replace the project name using XXX due to security).

regarding point 3, the Badi I mentioned before should be useful. I will ask my colleague nearby, if there is other possiblity using role type.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

just talked with colleague, would you please try with the customizing 'Structural Authorization' to enable this feature. You find it under

Resource Management->Resource Management->Organizational Management

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

You get points for the "very helpful answer". Thanks.

I have not been able to make a complete breakthrough though. Please see if you can help.

There are three steps under "Structural Authorization"

1. Create Authorization Profile: I see this defined in my system (comes from HR)

2. Save user in SAP Memory (IMG has enough documentation on this.

3. Assign Autorization profile to users: Here, I assigned one of the "Auth. Profiles" to the user (myself). At this, I see that the system (cProjects front end) returns an empty list.

This means that the system expects the Business Partners, pertainig to that "Auth. Profile" (which I set in step 3 above). And because it does not find any, it returns an empty list.

What I am not looking for is:

How to bring in the Business Partners (we are using the HR Master Employees) under this "Auth. Profile" such that the system picks them when we do a resource search at cProjects front end?

So... what I am looking for is: relation between this "Auth. Profile" assigned to the user and the Business Partners corrresponding to this "Auth. Profile".

Please see if you can help.

Regards,

Bittu.