cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using tables and set the column-width as a constant value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

i use two tables as ui-element in webdynpro. The second table is exactly a copy of the first. So the header text and the column-width's (constant values for property width) of both tables are exactly the same.

So in the browser the second table is placed directly under the first, and each column of the second table is places directly under the column of first table.

Now I delete the last column of the second table. After that I expected that the other 4 columns of the second table are directly placed under the first 4 columns of the first table - with exactly the specified column-with. But to my surprise the column-width of the 4 colums of the second table ist different, although I only deleted the last column.

FIRST SITUATION:

table 1

A-

B

-C-

D----

-E-

table 2

A-

B

-C-

D----

-E-

SECOND SITUATION:

table 1

A-

B

-C-

D----

-E-

table 2

-A--

-B-

C

D---

How can I solve the problem, can anybody help me ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Florian Hroch,

You could try setting the width of the table to 100% and then setting the width of other column for e.g:

-A-

B

-C-

D----

-E-

32%

12%

8%

40%

8%

total - 100%

and in your second situation then you can

-A-

B

-C-

D----

32%

12%

8%

48%

total- 100%

Hope it is clear.

Cheers,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Try giving all the column width in pixels and resizable to false !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

A. The width you define for table columns is <b>minimal width</b> (i.e. column may be wider if content is long)

B. Total of all columns are the width of the table, i.e. they are expanded /shrinked proportinally to fit width.

So, in general case it is impossible to solve your problem. But you may try to "hide" content of last column: set visibility to <b>BLANK</b> both for caption and cell editor.

VS