cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

While creating sales order, when I enter credit card no in the payment card no field systems triggers messages that the "card number is not valid"

I gave card as VISA and card no from the same no range used for VISA card.

Please suggest somebody.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

You need to give the range of the card in the payment card categories under:

SD-bILLING-PAYMENT CARD CATEGORIES

This will solve your problem

Reward if it helps.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karan,

I am using standard card categories then this problem shouldn't arise.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I did some Credit Card configuration, but my case was opposite of yours.

I didn't want to do authorization check at all, so allow me if my suggestion is wrong.

Goto <b>SPRO>SD>Billing>Payment Cards>Maintain Card Types</b>

You should see all card types you already declared.

Next to description, there is a field called 'Check'.

I think if you assign a module for each card, it'll check card number such as VISA has to start with 45....MASTER has to start with 54...., etc.

<b>According to the help menu, it says:</b>

Payment cards: Function for checking the card

Contains the names of the function used by the system to check card numbers.

Use

You may type in a card number incorrectly or the customer may give you a wrong number. To avoid having to go through a lengthy authorization process with an incorrect number, you enter a function here that the system uses to check the number to make sure that it corresponds to general numbering standards, or the standards of a specific card company.

Procedure

Define and enter one of your own card checking functions in Customizing, or use one of the four contained in the standard system (function group V21A). These are:

CCARD_CHECK_LUHN_MOD_TEN - Runs a general check of the card number, for example, for a valid length and combination of digits. This is the industry standard check.

CCARD_CHECK_MC - Checks MasterCard numbers for a valid leading digit. The system also carries out the LUHN_MOD_TEN check.

CCARD_CHECK_VISA - Checks Visa card numbers for a valid leading digit. The system also carries out the LUHN_MOD_TEN check.

CCARD_CHECK_AMEX - Checks Amercan Express card numbers for a valid leading digit. The system also carries out the LUHN_MOD_TEN check.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

I am using card type and function for the same from the standard system.

So I think it is correct.

Thanks