Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to transfer many roles to a new system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts.

i need to copy about 500 roles to a new system. how do i do that. please help. also what is tcode "ROLE_CMP" for?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Novice,

You have a few options - one is to do mass role download (available from menu option in PFCG). You can then upload them into the new system.

Another option would be to set up the new system as a transport destination and push through the roles that way - your Basis team will be able to advise.

ROLE_CMP info is available in SAP Help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw21c/helpdata/en/5c/deaa7dd3d411d3970a0000e82de14a/content.htm

0 Kudos

wouldnt download and uplaod require me to generate each role in the destination system one by one? it would be forever. thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos

Just use SUPC to do the lot in the background - should take about 1/2 hour

0 Kudos

Hi

The methods which Alex suggested should be perfect. Just to add, the only disadvantage of a role download and upload is we have to generate the profile for all roles again.

Likewise, just push them into a transport request, your Basis team can then manually import the transport request into the required system.

-Abhishek

0 Kudos

You also need to be concerned if you are transporting or uploading from a lower release to a higher release. Any customized transactions or auth objects will not exist, and will require clean up. Also, you have the possibility of obsolete or no longer existing authorization objects as well. Your SU24 settings between the systems will also not match up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone