cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between CRM and Campus Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

has anyone any advice on this scenario. We are upgrading our CRM system from V4.0 to 5.0, both integrated with R/3 and Campus Management 4.72. We have a middleware Bdoc error message when amending an address usage 'Error for validity periods of address usage' . We have applied note 1029761 which describes the exact problem but the error still occurs. Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anyone out there run CM 4.72 (AKA SLM) with CRM version 5.0

Janet Watson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful response, I have a further query on this. I am not sure where the problem lies - CRM middleware or CM function modules where we are changing the address data against the student. Amending a student address via PIQSTM does not cause the error but amending the student address via our Portal and Quick entry screen routes does cause the error. The Portal and Quick entry student creation programs were delivered by SAP specifically for us (as there were no standard solutions available at the time).

Thanks Janet Watson

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Janet,

It seems that you would need to adjust the Portal and Quick entry screens to pass through a value for the 'end date' of the address validity period (you could just default the high date), and that would solve your problem. I am not familiar with your custom screens, so I don't know what they are doing behind the scenes that is different from the standard transaction. Are they calling a standard RFC, for example?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Janet

I saw your thread in the SDN about the CRM CM Integration. We are just starting a similar project (CRM - CM - Portal).

Do you have any helpful hints for us regarding the BP Integration? We are working with Prospects - Students and - ExStudents.

Thanks and best regards,

Cristina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christina,

Ensure that you have full integration set up - we do not, there is a missing link, i.e. when a person applies to the university, there is no check back to see if they are already have a prospect BP, end result is we have duplicate BP's which restricts us from using marketing functionality.

Ensure that you understand how to monitor and maintain middleware before your consultants disappear off-site!

They are my main hints, good luck

Janet

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Janet,

Please put in an OSS message for this problem. Of course the issue stems from the fact that the Business Partner in CRM 5.0 has validity date ranges for the addresses, while this would not be the case for CM4.73. With ERP2005 and CM6.0, there is no problem, of course. However, you correctly state that there is an OSS Note which is supposed to fix the error you are getting. So, if the proposed fix does not work for you, please log a message.

Michael

P.S. I assume you remembered to 'activate' the changed structure...