cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't start the j2ee instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I get again the problem. I.e.: as I start the sapmmc, I can't see the service instance. As I open the "services.msc", I see the services of SAP<SID>_00 and SAP<SID>_01 are down. I try to restart them but if failed.

Later I try with "sapstartsrv" and typed the parameters correctly. But it failed too.

Someone has idea?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your java instance is not showing in the MMC is because the service SAP<sid>_<##> was deleted.

You need to run sapstartsrv in order to recreate the service.

You're not giving a lot of details but normally most of the people that have a problem with sapstartsrv have problems with is the username and password.

basically in the username you need to enter <domain>\user and if the system is installed locally is .\user if the domain or the dot are not populated sapstartsrv will not recreate the service.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reyes,

Your answer sounds quite interessting.

I do use the sapstartsrv to recreate the service. But I got error message that either my user name or passwort is wrong.

I installed the SAP system locally. During the installation there are two new users created. They are <sid>adm and SAPService<SID>. In the dialog window from sapstartsrv, I typed following:

UserName: SAPService<SID>

Password: abcd1234 (the password to SAPService<SID>)

According tio your message, I have to type the username as: ".\SAPService<SID>"

Right?

Message was edited by:

Thomas Roland

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right...

You can use either SAPService<sid> or <sid>adm

If its a local installation use .\ before the user

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The service SAP<SID>_00 was really disapeared. After I use the .\SAPService<SID> is cmoes again. But as I try to start this service, I got error as follow (in German):

"Dienst "SAPDV5_00" wurde auf "lokaler Computer" gestartet und dann angehalten. Einige Dienste werden automatisch angehalten, wenn sie sich im Leerlauf befindet, wie z.B. Leistungsprotokoll- nud Alarmdienste."

Can you German? Otherwise I will translatze it to English.

Anyway the service can not be started.

Message was edited by:

Thomas Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

uninstall the service by running sapstartsrv from the kernel dir and install it again.

If you are not able get j2ee process,reboot the box and try.It may help you.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok... so the service was created.... but it doesn't start?

babelfish translation:

"service" SAPDV5_00 "was started up" local computer "and continued then. Some services are stopped automatically, if them are in the no-load operation, e.g. achievement minutes nud alarm services."

Check that the system number is right... check that the start profile you selected is the right one too...

Also check that <sid>adm and SAPService<sid> are members of the local administrator group.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I uninstalled the service and reinstall it again. But it doesn't help.

I restart the computer and try again. But the service can't be started.

Should I check the register?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the event viewer to see what happened when the OS was trying to start the service.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the service SAPOSCOl and the startup profile and user what it is using.

And give the same to SAP<SID>_<insno>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Hier ist the message from eventviwer. But it's in German:

Die Beschreibung der Ereigniskennung ( 0 ) in ( SAPDV5_00 ) wurde nicht gefunden. Der lokale Computer verfügt nicht über die zum Anzeigen der Meldungen von einem Remotecomputer erforderlichen Registrierungsinformationen oder DLL-Meldungsdateien. Möglicherweise müssen Sie das Flag /AUXSOURCE= zum Ermitteln der Beschreibung verwenden. Weitere Informationen stehen in Hilfe und Support. Ereignisinformationen: Initialization failed. Service not started. .

I use the Google language tranlationtool to translate to English:

The description of the event ID (0) in (SAPDV5_00) was not found. The local computer does not have to view the messages from a remote computer necessary registration information or DLL-Meldungsdateien. You may need the flag / AUXSOURCE = to determine the description. Further information is available in the Help and Support. Event information: Initialization failed. Service not started. .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I check the SAPOSCOI, but nothing special there. I just see under "Path to exe file": C:\usr\sap\DV5\SCS01\exe\saposcol.exe service

What do you mean the "startup profile"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reyes,

The start profile is as follow:

"C:\usr\sap\DV5\JC00\exe\sapstartsrv.exe" pf="C:\usr\sap\DV5\SYS\profile\START_JC00_sap-dev"

I think it's correct.

The <sid>adm and SAPService<sid> are members of the local administrator group.

Besides, these services can be started the day before yesterday. Since yesterday they can't be started anymore. I think something is damaged.