Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles tab is empty in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a strange problem in my R/3 4.6 system.

Suddenly the roles tab in SU01 stopped displaying the roles. However, I still can see the associated profiles in the Profiles tab. No new support packages or OSS Notes installed.

When I go to Edit mode and add a new role, it is removing the existing profiles too.

Appreciate any answers.

Rgds,

Raghu

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

check table AGR_USERS

and look at user assignment in PFCG

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'ved checked the AGR_USERS table already and it says data is not available for the list of users. I have also checked in SCU3 and the table history log is not active to find out who did the changes. PFCG doesn't show any users assigned.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Is this the same for all of your R/3 systems e.g. Dev, QA, Prod?

0 Kudos

Hi,

No.. this happened only in the Dev system. QA and production doesnt have any issues. However, I can't get the data in either QA or Production system to Dev, as the users have more access in Dev system.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

look like a total loss of user/role data in the system, so probabaly the best (and maybe the only) solution.

Let the basis admin create a userbase export in your Q or P system (first check which system is best) and import it back into your system.

an other option:

create print screens of your Su01 role assignmnet and then manually reassign the roles.

One long shot (but you might lose all info this way) Let basis run the table reorg job in background.

Anyway i have never heard of this error before and hope you can restore the sitiuation. If not let the users know what went wrong and see that you can recreate the system with their help. Would suggest to create an OSS message asking SAP for help.

0 Kudos

HOLD it, before trying to do anything else look into UST04 and see if the entries are there, if so you can find profiles and from there determine which roles should go to which user.

0 Kudos

Are you using CUA? Or, to be more precise; is the dev system tied to a CUA master system? CUA has it's own, intricate ways of creating totally unexpected scenarios...

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not using CUA or any other user management tool. We create users, assign/delete roles directly from SU01 tcode. This issue has happened suddenly and we haven't executed any ABAP programs also. The AGR_USERS doesn't show any records to the specific user ID. However, I can still see the profiles in the Profiles tab (same in UST04).

Users can execute all the transactions without any issues, as the corresponding profiles are still active. However, when I click Edit to add a new role, all the previous profiles are deleted automatically.

0 Kudos

Check whether users are assign to roles using PFCG tcode.

-Pinkle

0 Kudos

Hi,

You should check the userid in su01 and look at the date range you gave at the role. If this is not valid than the program that should run every night (pfcg_time_dependency) removes the profiles, the roles still will exist.

have fun

Jan van Roest