cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Driver Cannot Upload

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to upload JDBC Driver by using <b>SystemAdministration</b> > <b>JDBC Driver</b> on the xMII menu.

Push the Upload button and choose the JDBC file and push Save.

But message box appears. "DRIVER_NOT_UPLOADED"

What do I do?

Where is wrong?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hiromitsu,

What is the version of xMII that you have? I know v12 but which build? If NetWeaver is installed on a Windows machine then make sure that the System user has full control over the windows temp directory on the NW machine...

For Example:

C:\Windows\temp

Hope this helps.

Sam

0 Kudos

Thank you, Salvatore

My xMII version is 12.0, and it works on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP 1.

I start up the NetWeaver by user X.

And user X belongs the Administrators group.

So user has full control over the windows directory.

I gave the full control at C:/Windows/temp on the NetWeaver Server, but I can't upload the file.

Please help anything else.

0 Kudos

Hiromitsu,

What is the minor version number?

12.0.x

Make sure that you are working with the recently GA released version of 12.0.2

Sam

0 Kudos

My xMII version is <b>Version 12.0.2 Build(88)</b>.

When I import the backup-restore file from the menu of <b>Administration</b> > <b>Setting</b>.

I entered the backup file and pushed the Import button, then the following message box appears in Japanese.

"Unknown error occurred. The message was not displayed."

I think that the file-upload functions do not work at xMII.

Japanese language environment is bad? Or Netweaver environment needs some settings?

0 Kudos

HIromitsu,

Any update on what you found in the NW Logs regarding this issue?

Sam

0 Kudos

Thanks, Salvatore

I read the NW logs, following messages are written.

(....... means an omission)

/Applications/XMII#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.xmii.system.UMEManager#.......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_3##0#0#Error#1#/Applications/XMII#Plain###Unable to load user and role attributes#

/Applications/LHCommon#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#.......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_3##0#0#Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize DRIVER_FILE_REQUIRED#

/Applications/XMII#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.handlers.JDBCDriverHandler#.......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_10##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.handlers.JDBCDriverHandler#Plain###No files were uploaded in the multipart request#

/Applications/LHCommon#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#.......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_10##0#0#Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize DRIVER_NOT_UPLOADED#

/Applications/LHCommon#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#.......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_10##0#0#Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize DRIVER_FILE_REQUIRED#

/Applications/XMII#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.handlers.JDBCDriverHandler#.......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_0##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.handlers.JDBCDriverHandler#Plain###No files were uploaded in the multipart request#

/Applications/LHCommon#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#.......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_0##0#0#Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize DRIVER_NOT_UPLOADED#

/Applications/LHCommon#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#.......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_0##0#0#Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize DRIVER_FILE_REQUIRED#

First, MISSING RESOURCE means NW can't find the Driver File that I set in the browser.

However, the file is sure to exist because it specifies the file with the reference button.

Next logs are DRIVER_NOT_UPLOADED. It's shown in dialog of my browser.

It shows that Dirver was not uploaded due to the failure of the above-mentioned processing.

Totally, I think that being not able to recognize the file on the file uploading

window is a problem.

How should I deal?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hiromitsu,

What is the name of the file you are uploading, including the extension?

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore,

I want to upload the file "C:\TEMP\classes12.zip".

I cannot upload another .jar file too.(C:\TEMP\classes12.jar)

I have not seen the file uploaded in NW.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hiromitsu,

The file that you are uploading needs to be a valid JDBC driver with the .jar extension, meaning it cannot be compressed (.zip). What JDBC driver is this? I've not seen one with the JAR name of classes12? Where did you get it from and what was it for?

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore,

Thank you for reply to my question.

The "classes12.zip" is a oracle JDBC driver for JDK 1.2/1.3.

So I downloaded ojdbc14.jar from OTN.

But I could not upload it.

Next I noticed the displayed message that the size of the uploading file is under 10kb and above 10kb was different.

under 10kb:"DRIVER_SAVE_FAILED"

above 10kb:"DRIVER_NOT_UPLOADED"

Following is the log of each.

under 10kb

usr\sap\EP1\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\applications.0.log

/Applications/XMII#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.handlers.JDBCDriverHandler#......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_21##0#0#Error#1#/Applications/XMII#Plain###Unable to add jdbc driver#

/Applications/LHCommon#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_21##0#0#Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize DRIVER_SAVE_FAILED#

/Applications/LHCommon#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_21##0#0#Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize DRIVER_FILE_REQUIRED#

usr\sap\EP1\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\system\database.0.log

/System/Database/sql/types#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.sql.types.BlobResultColumn#......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_39##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.sql.types.BlobResultColumn#Java#com.sap.sql_0019#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLResourceBundle#Exception of type com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException caught: Cannot assign a zero-length byte array to host variable 2..#2#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException#Cannot assign a zero-length byte array to host variable 2.#

over 10kb

usr\sap\EP1\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\applications.0.log

/Applications/XMII#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.handlers.JDBCDriverHandler#......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_6##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.gui.handlers.JDBCDriverHandler#Plain###No files were uploaded in the multipart request#

/Applications/LHCommon#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_6##0#0#Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize DRIVER_NOT_UPLOADED#

/Applications/LHCommon#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#......#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_6##0#0#Warning#1#com.sap.lhcommon.localization.MessageCatalog#Plain###*** MISSING RESOURCE: Unable to localize DRIVER_FILE_REQUIRED#

usr\sap\EP1\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\system\database.0.log

nothing is written

I'm going to upload 1501kb jar file.

I think, at file-input area in the window, it can accept jar/zip format.

Is there any other check in uploading?

e.g. file size, driver class check...

Finally, I saw a setting of role at Security Service > System Security.

Select "JDBCDriverUpload", then XMII Administartors, XMII Developers are displayed in allocated roll.

Login user has both roles.

Is any customize needed?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hiromitsu,

What is the default language setting for the user? If it's other than English; try setting it to English and retrying the upload. If it is english then please create a support ticket for this issue so that I can be properly tracked/traced in our system. Thanks.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the SAP WebAS service account have read permissions for this file? That would be something I'd check also.

0 Kudos

I gave the roll of a full-control access to user SAPService<SID> for "Windows/Temp".

I could solve my question.

Thank you for many suggestions.

Thanks everyone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to hear it is solved. That was an easy fix.

Answers (0)