cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i faced some questions in interview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced these question in interview. can anybody help out regarding following these:

1. Is it possible to trasfer the data with out using IR(repository)

2. how do you trasfer image file using xi

3. In which situation you used file to file dcinario.

4. In IDoc to file scinario how we will get file name as idoc number at run time for every IDoc number.

5. In file to JDBC scinario how can you update the data which is there at database. I mean redundansy should not be there.

6. if we are using business serevices in file to idoc scinario where we can specify the logical system names and what is the importance of logicalsystems.

Regards,

Kalyani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyani,

In addition to 1 and 2 above...

3. we use file to file Scenario in case we are having legacy system at both ends.

check this :

File-XI-File scenario and complete walk through for starters (Part1)

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

Introduction to (File-XI-File) scenario and complete walk through for starters (Part2)

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

4. Acc. to me we can use variable situation for this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm

5. Acc. to me we can set a flag column for in database for this

check this:/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

6. check this:/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyani,

1. Is it possible to trasfer the data with out using IR(repository)

Answer: yes it can be done, pls refer the web blog:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

2.)how do you trasfer image file using xi

Answer: Please refer:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6d967fbc-0a01-0010-4fb4-91c6d38c...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10dd67dd-a42b-2a10-2785-91c40ee5...

3.)In which situation you used file to file scenario:

Answer: We use FTP when the file involved is not on the XI Server but on any other remote system.

Please also refer

File-XI-File scenario and complete walk through for starters (Part1)

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

Introduction to (File-XI-File) scenario and complete walk through for starters (Part2)

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

4.) In IDoc to file scinario how we will get file name as idoc number at run time for every IDoc number.

Answer: We can check the status of every idoc,by providing idoc no in the transaction IDX5.

6.) if we are using business serevices in file to idoc scinario where we can specify the logical system names and what is the importance of logicalsystems

Answer: Pls Refer the following thread:

I hope this will help you a lot in finding those solutions.

*Pls reward with points if helpful*

Regards,

Shibani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kalyani,

I have some answers to u r questions

1) It is not possible to tranfer data without using IR

3) The senarion we use File -to-file is when u have FTP adapters on both systems (sender/receviers). These systems could be Non-SAP Systems also..or when the partner systems are small in size......

4) The idoc number we will be generated for evey idoc ...and the number will 16-digit unquie number .............and u can check the status of the idoc in T.C "IDX5"

6) We specify the logical system name in "WE20"

Reward with points if helpful

Regards

Sai Ganesh